The EU and Greece economy

SilverDNA

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is Greece doing a good job in stepping up agaisnt it's finacial crisis?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dont know.
  2. 2. Is the EU doing a good job in stepping up agaisnt Greece finacial crisis?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dont know.

Just finished watching the news over here. Berlosconi is probably not telling the whole truth about the Italian economi. Wonder who falls the first Greece or Italy? Spain is on a deroute too, that´s for sure.

Finance analists are afraid that we have moved one step closer to the fall of the Euro, then following a re-arrangement of what is left of the EU.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Greece, you can retire from work 10 years sooner than here. The rent you'll receive from state is double or triple what you'll ever get here. Avarege pay in work is higher than here, rather considerably. So why the heck should we send them money to help?

What EU is showing now is, that it's way more ... worthy to just spend more money than you have and let "them" save you, rather than strive and count every penny so you won't bankrupt. Wrong.

Another bad thing... Save Greece and you have to save any other country that will get in trouble OR dissolve the EU. It will get very harsh very soon.

So overall... Wrong. Wrong...very wrong.

True. And in Italy they (the news) told about the public job system. If you are getting fired from your job, you will still recieve a 80 % payment for many years, even when you get another job. Berlusconi is hesitant to change this, since he fears the same riots as in Greece, and he fears it will be the end of his many years in power.

I was pro EU to start with, many years ago, I am not so sure any more. The EU market has become...........a market.

The fittest of the banks will roam here, they tempt the poorest of the countries. The poorest countries, can do nothing but making big loans from those banks. At one hand I feel sorry for the populations in said countries, since their gouvernments had lead them to believe that they could live in all this luxury. It has become a habit for them.

On the other hand I´m happy that the same said banks now will burn their noses, and lose a lot of money.

France is very close to losing its AAA rating, no wonder Sarkozy is desperate to stop the rot.

And now the powers that be in Greece are putting the measures up for a Referendum vote. That should be fun.

Merkel and her puppy Sarkozy are far from amused, how dare Papandreou have the nerve to consult the Greek people over their future? The Greeks would do well to tell Merkel and Sarkozy to get stuffed, leave the Euro, take the short term pain before getting themselves back on their feet, the bailout just prolongs the agony.

France is very close to losing its AAA rating, no wonder Sarkozy is desperate to stop the rot.

And now the powers that be in Greece are putting the measures up for a Referendum vote. That should be fun.

Merkel and her puppy Sarkozy are far from amused, how dare Papandreou have the nerve to consult the Greek people over their future? The Greeks would do well to tell Merkel and Sarkozy to get stuffed, leave the Euro, take the short term pain before getting themselves back on their feet, the bailout just prolongs the agony.

I agree. All they are doing is postponing the inevitable. It's gonna look a lot like dominoes. First Greece, followed by Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc. If not simply because of what is going on in the EU, but also because the american economy is so crappy, and promising to get worse.

I agree. All they are doing is postponing the inevitable. It's gonna look a lot like dominoes. First Greece, followed by Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc. If not simply because of what is going on in the EU, but also because the american economy is so crappy, and promising to get worse.

I agree that Greece should be allowed to forge it's own path and face the consequence of those decisions. The concept of ruling Europe from Brussels has never sat well with me, my UK family members or my friends who have stayed put there (sings chorus of Rule Britannia) .:whistling:

Papandreou has given in to pressure from other E.U states and called off the referendum, isn't democracy in the E.U wonderful, the Greeks will now have death by a thousand cuts inflicted on them. Meanwhile its emerged that the €1 Trillion bailout fund actually only has €3 Billion in it, you couldn't make it up. :facepalm:

Papandreou has given in to pressure from other E.U states and called off the referendum, isn't democracy in the E.U wonderful, the Greeks will now have death by a thousand cuts inflicted on them. Meanwhile its emerged that the €1 Trillion bailout fund actually only has €3 Billion in it, you couldn't make it up. :facepalm:

If this wasn't so tragic it would almost be droll.... :wallbash:

The United States has done similar things to its States, if you recall. THe offering of money requiring certain behavior. The seat belt law for federal highway funding back in the 70-80s springs to mind. I know its not exactly the same but it isn't like we don't do it here also.

He who has the money has the power.

I have been watching this....the thread and the news on this. I think I agree that they should have let the drachma go belly up. I read an article that generally outlined the ups and downs of each plan.

Also as the West has been intent on running the Greek show since they sprang them from Ottoman Turk rule...well I'd say the West made this mess by shoring them up in the first place and then instead of teaching them..just let it all run rampant.

if you are going to interfere you really got to not do it half-arsed.