The EU and Greece economy

SilverDNA

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is Greece doing a good job in stepping up agaisnt it's finacial crisis?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dont know.
  2. 2. Is the EU doing a good job in stepping up agaisnt Greece finacial crisis?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I dont know.

They will own you like they own us....with both blocks in hock up to their eyeballs lets guess who will be calling the shots?

There's a reason governments aren't set up like corporations, and treasury securities aren't stocks...China says "Do this." USA says "I don't think I want to."

Then what? Nothing.

Really? Maybe you could explain then, the fact that the US reneged on a deal to sell jet fighters to Taiwan? Yeah, we do some stuff that annoys China, China does stuff that annoys us, but, we are still more than happy to borrow huge sums of cash from them. What do you think is going to happen when China has the ability to bring down the ENTIRE world economy with just the words: "We are calling your loans due."? If both the US, and the EU are in hock up to their ears, to the point that such a move would devastate both economies, don't you think that both the EU, and the US will have to think twice about REALLY pissing off China? I will grant that in so doing, China would also be thrashing their own economy, but, given that they now have the lions share of production facilities for US companies, which they could simply take over, and the US wouldn't be able to say squat about it. It would have some rather bad effects on the world economy, but, China would be in a position to recover FIRST, and come out significantly further up the food chain than they currently are.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will own you like they own us....with both blocks in hock up to their eyeballs lets guess who will be calling the shots?

There's a reason governments aren't set up like corporations, and treasury securities aren't stocks...China says "Do this." USA says "I don't think I want to."

Then what? Nothing.

Really? Maybe you could explain then, the fact that the US reneged on a deal to sell jet fighters to Taiwan? Yeah, we do some stuff that annoys China, China does stuff that annoys us, but, we are still more than happy to borrow huge sums of cash from them. What do you think is going to happen when China has the ability to bring down the ENTIRE world economy with just the words: "We are calling your loans due."? If both the US, and the EU are in hock up to their ears, to the point that such a move would devastate both economies, don't you think that both the EU, and the US will have to think twice about REALLY pissing off China? I will grant that in so doing, China would also be thrashing their own economy, but, given that they now have the lions share of production facilities for US companies, which they could simply take over, and the US wouldn't be able to say squat about it. It would have some rather bad effects on the world economy, but, China would be in a position to recover FIRST, and come out significantly further up the food chain than they currently are.

You forget the US can just roll in with its 11 aircraft carriers and laugh.

Then what? Nothing.

You forget the US can just roll in with its 11 aircraft carriers and laugh.

It's obvious that you lack an understanding of the capacities and weakness's of deploying a 4.5 Billion dollar asset ( thats per carrier).

...Back to Business..

Papandreou has himself in one week declared his political bankrupt by taking up a referendum of the Greece citizens and taking it back 2 days later, because of the pressure of the EU. Due to the destabilizing financial effect of the announcement of a referendum to the complete EU. This clearly shows who is really now in charge of the Greece financial tragedy in progress with no happy end in sight in Cannes this week. I'm not sure what worries me more in this the intrusion of the EU in Greece internal politics (tells me the situations is more serve than even the drama press can image now.), or a Greece Primal minister that is causing a financial chain reaction and in thus destabilizing more and more EU countries that are fighting the crisis.

Only my 2 cents.

P.S. : For Balagor the door is always open.;)

Edited by SilverDNA

Another day, another shambles. The G20 managed to achieve absolutely nothing, the Chinese won't be paying into the bailout fund, the IMF won't, the U.S won't and it looks like the Germans are starting to get fed up with paying for everyone else. The bank tax Sarkozy came up with also failed after being vetoed by the U.S, China and the U.K. They seem to actively avoiding what needs to be done. Spending must be drastically cut, those failing states should be removed from the Eurozone and allowed to default if need be. The E.U itself should get off the backs of European businesses so they can compete globally, hell I'd strip the E.U down to no more than a free trade zone if it were up to me.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but you have to ask yourself how the hell did these halfwits end up as world leaders? they've not got a brain cell between them. :armscrossed: