Multi-Player in the Elder Scrolls

stars2heaven

Multi-Player in the Elder Scrolls  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bethesda make future Elderscrolls game multi-player?

• Yes
    • No
    • There should atleast be some sort of option

A recent article comparing a game with multi-player to Skyrim and claiming that it was a negative for Skyrim. So I thought, do we really want it?

My opinion? I've thought it would be cool from time to time. But any time the developer takes to make a good multi-player game takes away from making a good single player game with awesome modding options...and that is the real reason I play TES games! So no, I don't want multi-player in TES. Someone else can do the multi-player stuff.

How about you?

Edited by stars2heaven

Eh... No, I'm going to have to say that I prefer my Elder Scrolls solo. I've never really enjoyed multiplayer much, even less when it's online. Local co-op on games like Double Dragon and Battletoads is the height of multiplayer gaming goes as far as I'm concerned. If multiplayer was added, I would actually probably be disappointed.

What - no on-line multi-player?

I'd think that would be great, just so you could go on-line and meet up with someone you hold a different point of view from and both could just whale the tar out of each other rather than post snide comments in the forum.

Seriously, I have never found on-line multi-player to be much fun over a long term or much of a challenge in playing. I'd think not being multi-player is an advantage rather than a disadvantage.

Some games are intended to be multi player - Oblivion, and now Skyrim were never intended to be multi player. The game engine that the game is based on is a very good single player engine, and an extremely poor multi player engine. There have been multiple attempts to make a multi player version of Oblivion, some by excellent programmers, and the results have been disappointing.

Comparing a game designed from the bottom up to be multi player to a different game designed from the bottom up as a single player is comparing two dissimilar things. Like saying a 4 passenger sedan is not as good as a 9 passenger van because the person making the comparison likes taking his friends along when he goes for a drive. Each has it purpose. And trying to force a 4 passenger sedan to carry 9 people isn't going to work very well. You may be able to cram all 9 in as a novelty, but they won't be comfortable and, it won't be much fun on a long trip.

If The Elder scrolls is given a downrating because it isn't a multi player game, then the person who made that rating is basically a multi-player fanboi and should stick to MMO games for his gameing fix. and just pass by the single player genre entirely. :tongue:

Can't mod multi-player. So..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :biggrin:

This. Elder Scrolls is sacred single player gaming! The holy grail. Let's keep it that way.

Wait for the MMO if you want multiplayer, it is highly speculated to be in development. Just type 'MMO elder scrolls' into google.