Critters

TroloWiseEared

We know that there will be some dogs in the game, but do we know if there will be random cats and dogs wandering around towns and human settlements? what kinds of birds and insects will there be? I think that having minor animals and harmless wildlife adds immersion. It would be great to see and hear songbirds, ducks swimming, and crickets or maybe spiders that were normal, not the size of a small car! Ambient critter noises would be great especially if they "turned off" as a sign of danger. Suppose you are wandering around the forest and the birds suddenly stop signing...because a pack of trolls are closing in on you!

Birds all scatter from trees when something large this way comes...

I have heard something about birds, but I'm not completely sure about them. Other than that, I just know that butterflies will be fluttering around. It would be cool to see some cats around too. Maybe you could talk to them if you're a Khajiit? Lol jk

Confirmed wildlife:

Glow bugs (2 types, if I remember correctly)

Fish

Birds

Foxes

Butterflies (Not just an effect but real creatures)

Wolves

Horkers

Moose

Deer

I'm sure I forgot some, and there will surely be more in the final game.

Don't worry, the game will have lots of animal life.

EDIT:

Also, cats are an actual Khajiit sub-race called the Alfiq:

"A quadrupedal form of Khajiit, the Alfiq is, in many respects, similar to a common housecat. Although diminutive in form, the Alfiq retain the keen intelligence of the Khajiiti, having the ability to understand the spoken word of others, although unable to respond. It is possible that they can cast spells"

Though they will not be in the game, I just wanted inform you people about that. :thumbsup:

Edited by Iv000

I want kitties! :3 Having Alfiq in the game would be way cool too, thanks for the info lv000.

"A quadrupedal form of Khajiit, the Alfiq is, in many respects, similar to a common housecat. Although diminutive in form, the Alfiq retain the keen intelligence of the Khajiiti, having the ability to understand the spoken word of others, although unable to respond. It is possible that they can cast spells"

Though they will not be in the game, I just wanted inform you people about that. :thumbsup:

cool info... but in an article a player said he walked past some Aedra worshipers who were trying to root out evil... then he continued on to find a necromancer trying to raise a skeleton, upon discovery the necromancer turned on the player and summoned a spectral cat.

I cant remember where the source is so I gave as much detail as I could remember so that hopefully you can find it. .

cool info... but in an article a player said he walked past some Aedra worshipers who were trying to root out evil... then he continued on to find a necromancer trying to raise a skeleton, upon discovery the necromancer turned on the player and summoned a spectral cat.

I cant remember where the source is so I gave as much detail as I could remember so that hopefully you can find it. .

That was probably a summoned saber-tooth tiger:

http://i.imgur.com/x0ExF.jpg

That bears a lore buffering... how exactly do Khajiit relate to Mountain Lions and Smiledons?

Obviously Khajiit are capable if assuming many forms due to the cycles of the moons, but I havent seen anything draw relation to the playable vs NPCats

Confirmed wildlife:

Glow bugs (2 types, if I remember correctly)

Fish

Birds

Foxes

Butterflies (Not just an effect but real creatures)

Wolves

Horkers

Moose

Deer

I'm sure I forgot some, and there will surely be more in the final game.

Don't worry, the game will have lots of animal life.

EDIT:

I saw a rabbit when I played the demo. I flamed it :biggrin:

That was probably a summoned saber-tooth tiger:

http://i.imgur.com/x0ExF.jpg

Why would a necromancer summon a sabre-tooth tiger?They're not druids.