Legion! - Great concept, Horrible execution.. What can

Grandchamp1989

If we are talking a proper legion companion wouldn't an experienced frumentarii be the way to go? I'm thinking for these reasons:

1. Frumentarii agents are allowed a more fluent (for lack of a better word) way of thinking. This way they can adapt to any situation deep behind enemy lines, they also require a good understanding on the enemy's tactics, culture and psyche

2. The Frumentariii would allow for a legion companion to simply not get shot on sight when in NCR territory (which lets face it is 90% of the map) Since they blend in.

3. an experienced Frumentarii will (like a courier) have seen both the negative things in NCR and the positive sides of legion homeland. Possibly have family at home?

4. It would open up to more quests on sabotage and assassinations if implemented properly - a good script could work with this.

There's more but this is what I could brainstorm in a minute :)

Edited by Grandchamp1989

If we are talking a proper legion companion wouldn't an experienced frumentarii be the way to go? I'm thinking for these reasons:

1. Frumentarii agents are allowed a more fluent (for lack of a better word) way of thinking. This way they can adapt to any situation deep behind enemy lines, they also require a good understanding on the enemy's tactics, culture and psyche

2. The Frumentariii would allow for a legion companion to simply not get shot on sight when in NCR territory (which lets face it is 90% of the map) Since they blend in.

3. an experienced Frumentarii will (like a courier) have seen both the negative things in NCR and the positive sides of legion homeland. Possibly have family at home?

4. It would open up to more quests on sabotage and assassinations if implemented properly - a good script could work with this.

There's more but this is what I could brainstorm in a minute :)

I like it, now would a none faction companion be able to wear faction armor to blend in like the player does? It would be great to be able to dual disguise yourself and your companion when carrying out missions like "NCR Atrocities(sp): Bear the mark of the Two headed bear and raid caravan/settlement here!"

@Ruadhan2300

Sending you a message now. Ill write the dialogue you stick it all together.

@The rest of you crazy people :P

I know quite a lot about the Legion and a writer so dont worry your in good hands. I had an idea of needing to use disguises on the Legion companion to sneak him around but im still working on who, why, where...I want the character to be very lack of a better word Legiony and kinda like Ulysses since he was the first and only Legion companion.

Edited by ModelV

• 3 weeks later...

Actually liking the idea, even though im a die hard ncr supporter. What about giving him a secondary quest, much like the vanilla characters, that would definite the final personality? Let me explain myself:

-When you meet him, he´s a *insert rank*, tormented, feeling that all the things the legion is doing to achieve its objective are way too over the top. You take him as a companion, and soon he expresses his doubts. Then a quest pops out with two possible endings: one strenghtening his bonds with the legion, and the other one breaking his laces and aligning himself with another, more peaceful faction. That would increment the number of people attracted by this mod. I can do some brinstorming about the plot, but my poor english wont let me write the actual stuff without filling it with errors that could be sore to the eyes.