Console Players?

Cyberote

I'll be getting it for PS3 because I don't own a PC :( But I'm excited as hell for it nevertheless. Also, I think I've had two dreams in the past week where they announce that modding will be available to console versions of Skyrim. Two.

There isn't any mods on the consoles, they are capable of allowing mods for play on the consoles, but Sony and Microsoft won't agree to allowing people to download free content.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if you can plug an HDMI cable into a laptop and have it display on an HDTV, I think I'll go try it, sounds interesting.

Provided it has a HDMI port on your TV it will work. You may not get the same resolution as on your laptop screen though. For example:

My 27inch samsung monitor displays at 1900x'1080' (native) whereas,

the max resolution I could go up to--and display properly-- on a 42inch HDTV was 1700xsomething, can't remember the make.

I was able to plug my laptop into my HDTV, but it's not exactly what I expected, it's very difficult to read the small text and it's not exactly easy to hold a laptop in your lap, ironically.Not to mention it's hurt my neck to look up at the TV, which is odd because it doesn't hurt my neck to look up at it when there's no laptop plugged in.

I was able to plug my laptop into my HDTV, but it's not exactly what I expected, it's very difficult to read the small text and it's not exactly easy to hold a laptop in your lap, ironically.Not to mention it's hurt my neck to look up at the TV, which is odd because it doesn't hurt my neck to look up at it when there's no laptop plugged in.

To make the text larger you can either go for lower resolution (start-control panel-adjust res) or (start-control panel-appearance & personalisation-make text larger or smaller). Can't help with the other two problems unless you wanna buy a wireless keyboard and visit a chiropractor lol.

I wonder if you can plug an HDMI cable into a laptop and have it display on an HDTV, I think I'll go try it, sounds interesting.

Provided it has a HDMI port on your TV it will work. You may not get the same resolution as on your laptop screen though. For example:

My 27inch samsung monitor displays at 1900x1800 (native) whereas,

the max resolution I could go up to--and display properly-- on a 42inch HDTV was 1700xsomething, can't remember the make.

Surely you must have meant 1920x1080, because there's no such thing as 1900x1800.

My 27inch samsung monitor displays at 1900x1800 (native) whereas,

Surely you must have meant 1920x1080, because there's no such thing as 1900x1800.

I surely did!

Even if consoles allowed mods it would only be the vanilla stuff, you´d need a computer to make custom meshes and textures, another problem would be if it was possible microsoft and sony would charge for the mods download on their consoles.