Should Canadian Authority arrest George Bush?

ffa1mf

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case dismissed, as in there isn't enough to even arrest the guy, let alone drag him off to be tried (guy being Bush btw).

And he's provided sufficient counter-examples, even from your own links, to demonstrate that Canada does not believe he was. Therefore it's not hard to conclude based on available treaty law that there is insufficient evidence to bring a case outside of sovereign Canadian jurisdiction.

My point is that he was likely tortured. If Canada does not believe that he was tortured that is fine, but to deny that he was tortured all together is not the best way to deal with the situation.

An international incident over something that's not even proven?

My point is that he was likely tortured. If Canada does not believe that he was tortured that is fine, but to deny that he was tortured all together is not the best way to deal with the situation.

An international incident over something that's not even proven?

Not a good thing to do. I don't support his arrest in Canada, doesn't mean you should dismiss acts of torture all together.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I think it's safe to assume that the majority does not support using torture methods, they're unreliable at best, and using them justifies them being used on us. The burden is on the people to pressure the government not to use torture methods.

There was a time when I believed America was better than that, anyway. We've risen to new lows.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I think it's safe to assume that the majority does not support using torture methods, they're unreliable at best, and using them justifies them being used on us. The burden is on the people to pressure the government not to use torture methods.

There was a time when I believed America was better than that, anyway. We've risen to new lows.

I am an advocate of the Geneva Accords they protect us as well as our foes. The line between torture and 'hard interrogation' has become extremely murky since 9/11. I understand the need for timely intel but there are some lines that separate us from our enemies and I would like to keep it that way. Though I must add it's always easy to judge from your armchair, it's quite another thing to be there, but no one in the military is required to follow an illegal order.... thats when your conscience should come into play.