Razer Onza Gamepad

CommanderCrazy

Indeed, here's the normal one at one of the better online retailers;

http://www.prophecy.co.za/microsoft-xbox360-controller-black-xbox-with-vibration-feedba-p-91444.html

And here's the Onza at the same place;

http://www.prophecy.co.za/razer-onza-professional-xbox360-game-controller-p-87607.html

The problem is just getting stock of the standard 360 gamepad. They seem to sell out really fast fast.

I have to say, the Onza's long cable is really a big plus point. When playing games like Darksiders or racing titles, I prefer using a gamepad, and it would be fun if I could play it from the comfort of my bed. My current generic PS gamepad doesn't allow for that at all.

Well, I've dropped mine a fair few times and it's survived intact. I don't think you can fairly compare anything to a vanilla Xbox 360 remote for durability-I accidently dropped one out of a second floor windows once and it still works fine, they're built like bricks.

TBH it really depends on what sorts of games you play, for FPS it's whatever;s cheaper, it's not radicaly better, for racers, then it's a quantum leap better, all comes down to what you want to play using it.

I've had several Razer products, all have failed and been returned. They look very nice but their reliability is laughable, have a look at the reviews for their products on sites like Amazon. You might as well get a proper 360 controller, they're well built, compatible with many games, work out the box with Windows and they cost a lot less.

It doesnt cost less atm, as the store im buying from has got a moving location sale. The razer is around $20 cheaper than the official X360 controller.

Also, ive never owned a razer product before, ever. Ive heard some pretty average stuff about their mice, mine is superior anyway, but ive also experienced through a friend that one of their mechanical keyboards, cant remember the name (seriously, whats with the name choices :confused: ) but the whole right hand side from the T, G and B letters stopped working entirely.

But because of this sale theres a no return policy atm. Im thinking of going with it because its cheaper, but i can always just buy a replacement if it decides to pack up. Ive got some spare cash.

Edited by CommanderCrazy