Best Gun In Fallout: New Vegas?

kieranbhoy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have all your fancy miniguns, grenade launchers, fatmans and energy weapons. I'll keep my hunting rifle. It's just so simple - a basic bolt-action rifle, held together by duct tape and string. It's the defining post-apocalyptic 'realism' gun. The kind of thing you *would* find when scavenging 200 years after a holocaust.

I've logged over 500 hours with it in Fallout 3 and Vegas.

Ol reliable. Served me well through hoards of Raiders, Super Mutants, Enclave and Legion. Can't beat it.

Edited by JackTrenton

Christine's sniper rifle in the Big Empty and the Brush Gun are my favorite guns, and the futuristic axe from the Big Empty the choice for melee. If its mass slaughter, I like the laser MP and the shoulder gun from Lonesome Road best, if I cant use heavy explosives.

From mods my favorites are Lucky Bastard (an very powerful varmint rifle with 30 damage vs 18), which can be scoped and silenced, and the RHINO .45-70 revolver (can be scoped, holds three slugs). I stopped using them when the expansions came out, as they make the game to easy for me, but they are both very well made (I love the look of the RHINO). And of course I love the mod which introduced a recipe to make nuka grenades :)

For early on in the game, I use the 9mm pistol and any weapon I can scavenge off of dead Powder Gangers.

Later on (level +15), I use the Anti-Material rifle and Service Rifle, as well as the 9mm SMG.

As for modded guns, I'm guilty of using the Nasty Grandpa from eomanv. It eats up money at an extremely fast pace, though. It might as well fire caps instead of .50 BMG rounds.

My favorite vanilla weapons are the hunting revolver and brush gun, but I also like That Gun.

As for mods, I really like the Sig Sauer P226 from ahztek666's Shrapnel - The Definitive Weapon Collection. Just because that's my favorite gun in real life too

Fist? unlimited ammo no, durability reduction and with the right percs very powerfull :D

But for guns :

Long range single target : Gaussrifle

multiple targets at medium range triple laser or Elijah's advanced LAER full upgraded

the fast durability decrease of the LAER doesnt really matter coz i got used to repair my weapons via console :P