Best Gun In Fallout: New Vegas?

kieranbhoy

Sniper rifle

Anti-Material rifle with explosive rounds.

Ive seen machine guns (sub or otherwise) be unpredictable with how fast they drop opponents and they are ammo hogs.

Shotguns don't have the stopping power ingame as they would in RL.

44mag pistol is nice weapon, with the scope, any lower caliber (in handguns) is too small IMO.

44mag Brush gun is nice.

There are a number of guns ingame that I really haven't had much experience with, I tend to stick with specific ones.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the Hunting Shotgun, the .45 Auto SMG, the Grenade Launcher (The pump action one, not the rifle), the Assault Carbine (Just because I've always liked Assault Carbines in games), the LMG, the Automatic Rifle, and the Marksman Carbine.

Edited by 888mikem888

.....Hmmm, I actually like home made weapons that don't involve splash damage. So I like the railway rifle.

But in FNV I would say.... DEBUG MEGA PISTOL!!! jk. I probably favor the sonic gun from OWB.

• 1 year later...

Don't people know that shotguns get a chance to crit on EVERY pellet *outside of VATS*, but not while you use VATS? In VATS they only get ONE chance, total, to crit as if the swarm of pellets were only one projectile

this means that they are absolute ass kickers with right perks/stats!

there's seven pellets per 12 gauge shell ( don't know about 20 gauge in New Vegas, maybe 5?)

so that's seven chances of a critical hit per shot!

that's why with Finesse, high luck etc , a Riot Shotgun can tear apart damn near anything, as long as you don't use it inside VATS ;)

However if you only want a headshot from sneak attack, then use VATS, as the pattern is tighter, all the pellets hit the head (if close) = insta gibbage. it counts them all as one massive instant crit = gibbage, because it's a sneak attack and sneak attacks ignore all damage reduction/threshold.

this is why you should NEVER use shotgun slugs in New Vegas, you're doing it wrong, people!! :)

and yes keep the flechettes for armoured enemies, as with Shotgun Surgeon, they shred even sentry bots (though you could use the E.M.P. shells on 'em)

i really love

That Gun. (i just wish i could add mods to it )

this is the main gun i go out of the way for to find... thats very OP at the Lvl i am at..

i really like the .45 mag when i get it and modded.

the MG 12mm its hard to find ammo for it but it saves my many times...

weapons i like to play with is mostly the

Rocket lancher...

(i try to not use tomany big guns... )