Best Gun In Fallout: New Vegas?

kieranbhoy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's either the Hunting Shotgun, or insta-death weaponry. FOR SHAME!

Depends on the character I'm playing. When I'm a rootin'-tootin' cowboy, the ol' .357 is mighty fine. As a crazed mechanic, ye olde laser pistola is most attractive. Taking the role of an addict, with about as much care for anything but chems, you gotta love the pipe rifle. Lastly, when emulating a tribal, spears 'n' throwing knives.

Any of the following depending on my build:

Brush Gun

Marksman Carbine

This Machine

Lil Devil

Bozar

AMR

Plasma Caster

Plasma Defender

Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle

Edited by GimmeBackMyMoney

• 1 month later...

Mysterious Magnum!! You just can't beat your own theme music.

But for medium range I like This Machine.

When you have to reach out and touch someone... AMR packs a punch.

But then again... it's never boring to just lay down the pain with the minigun or gatling laser.

Why does everyone use small guns? :sad:

Anyway, for sheer dps my favourite weapon is the CZ57 avenger. I also like the anti-materiel rifle, the Sleepytyme from GRA (though I don't use it as much as I probably should), the bozar and the AA-12 from the mod of the same name. Only shotgun worth using IMO.

Without a doubt the All American, its kinda tough to get but its defiantly worth it. As for modded weapons i love my L96, thank you Millenia!

I've never found the All-American to be a strong gun. Especially for something requiring 100 skill and being so hard to get.

It's basically a Ratslayer, without a silencer, with a bigger magazine, lower AP cost and higher spread.

They should have given the All-American a silencer and 3 shot burst in VATS, just so it compete with things like the Gobi and COS Sniper Rifle.

As for my top guns.

LVL 1-15:

Ratslayer

LVL 15+

AER14 Prototype

Q-35 Matter Modulator

Gobi Scout Rifle

Pacencia

COS Sniper Rifle

Without a doubt the All American, its kinda tough to get but its defiantly worth it. As for modded weapons i love my L96, thank you Millenia!

I've never found the All-American to be a strong gun. Especially for something requiring 100 skill and being so hard to get.

It's basically a Ratslayer, without a silencer, with a bigger magazine, lower AP cost and higher spread.

They should have given the All-American a silencer and 3 shot burst in VATS, just so it compete with things like the Gobi and COS Sniper Rifle.

As for my top guns.

LVL 1-15:

Ratslayer

LVL 15+

AER14 Prototype

Q-35 Matter Modulator

Gobi Scout Rifle

Pacencia

COS Sniper Rifle

I agree with you on the All American. Though I really don't like any semi-auto weapons. I don't want to get repetitive strain injury for the best DPS.

A slight change of subject: is there any point in using any shotgun rounds other than slugs? There are hardly any enemies with a DT low enough for the other ammo types to be worth it. I even tried using some 4/0 buck magnum shells, and the damage doesn't seem as high as it ought to be. What does everyone else think?