Is it just me, or is the mod community not quite what Skyrim's was.

Comfortblynumb2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets WORSE. FO4 is the LAST use of a putrid and highly out-dated engine, and Beth will be happy to disown it just as soon as the next new title sales cycle is well underway.

LOL. This nonsense again. What does this have to do with mods? Could you just not resist baseless speculating?

The best modders chose to continue working on their Skyrim mods, rather than moving to the empty pointless half-baked world of FO4.

Not sure who you have in mind. Expired, Arthmoor, Fadingsignal, dDefinder, Elianora, Caliente, Hothtrooper and Gopher have all come over to Fallout 4. Someguy2000 has quest mods planned out and KrisTakahashi is bringing interesting NPCs to the wasteland. I'm sure we've lost some, but that was bound to happen no matter how good Fallout 4 was (scroll through the top files for Oblivion and you'll see a ton of guys who never modded Skyrim). No we don't yet have anything like Falskar or Wyrmstooth yet, but we didn't at this point in Skyrim's history.

The unthinkably awful state of the CK was the final INSULT and the final nail in the coffin. Or maybe that was the 'betrayal' of Beth.net, and noddy mods for consoles.

The (currently in Beta) creation kit doesn't strike me as significantly different than Skyrim's. And Beth.net is just crappy; it's no more a betrayal than steam workshop is. (Indeed, it's arguably less so since it's so obviously worse than the nexus.) I don't see any mod authors who genuinely upset about console mods--if they don't like it they won't bring their mods over.

the wishful thinking of some here isn't going to change reality.

Honestly, I think you're the one engaging in wishful thinking here--you just wish for Fallout 4 to flop. Sorry you dislike it so. But modders are supporting it. There's already almost as many mods for FO4 as for FO3. And it's not just weapons, clothes, nudity. There's 614 gameplay mods in less than 1 year. Fallout 3 has 1,995 for it's *entire life.* The modding community will support FO4 more than they have ever supported any FO game. Will it hit the highs that Skyrim did? maybe, maybe not. But Skyrim is probably the most throughly modded game in history. If FO4 has to settle for second, that's still a hell of a lot of support.

Edited by RS13

~

Why waste time? Individual is obviously better left alone.

Because they specifically said that no one helps them, when I had in fact spent time answering questions and helping them. So kinda pissed me off.

I was not talking about a lack of interest in people answering/responding (the help I've gotten was well appreciated) or general unhelpfulness, but the seeming lack of as many people around available to answer...commentary on community size more than general helpfulness.

So, I apologize if that came out wrong.

The best modders chose to continue working on their Skyrim mods, rather than moving to the empty pointless half-baked world of FO4.

Not sure who you have in mind. Expired, Arthmoor, Fadingsignal, dDefinder, Elianora, Caliente, Hothtrooper and Gopher have all come over to Fallout 4. Someguy2000 has quest mods planned out and KrisTakahashi is bringing interesting NPCs to the wasteland. I'm sure we've lost some, but that was bound to happen no matter how good Fallout 4 was (scroll through the top files for Oblivion and you'll see a ton of guys who never modded Skyrim). No we don't yet have anything like Falskar or Wyrmstooth yet, but we didn't at this point in Skyrim's history.

There will always be a few people who prefer dragons and magic and swords over nuclear bombs and guns and super mutants...

But in general all the big names in modding are working on Fallout 4.

All the big YouTube people I know of have also hopped onto Fallout 4.

~

Why waste time? Individual is obviously better left alone.

Because they specifically said that no one helps them, when I had in fact spent time answering questions and helping them. So kinda pissed me off.

I was not talking about a lack of interest in people answering/responding (the help I've gotten was well appreciated) or general unhelpfulness, but the seeming lack of as many people around available to answer...commentary on community size more than general helpfulness.

So, I apologize if that came out wrong.

I was quoting / responding about USAF, not you BlahBlah. You said nothing to offend me at all sir.

Honestly Guys - I just don't get it. What's being complained about here?

1. Unhelpful community..

2. Few quality mods..

Well I cant say how it was with skyrim (that someway eluded my attention completely) - but I remember the situation with NV - cant say that the community is any less active or friendly than it was there (especially in the starting year).

In fact I'd say its a lot of the same people around and on top a lot of names I remember from FO3 reappeared already (some more have already announced to come around - i.e. someguy already announced that there will be Quests/Content Mods made).

And as to the "quality" MODs ... well while not being a modder myself (just cant get my head around the tools used) - I have a fair Idea of the time it'll take even the experienced modders to really dig into the new ck. And still there already were a lot of great mods without the ck even being released. Just think of all the work Nova Coru already did, DDProduction constantly steps in to provide all the nice things Beth obviously forgot to implement, gambit investing all this time just to provide the community with some common framework for all the nice additions... there are so many great people out there investing so much time and effort already (without even having the official tools at hand). Than there are those great Radio mods - gigs over gigs of greatly implemented music and all the effort for all those voice actors... (it took years before something similar popped up for NV).

I think everyone got the wrong idea on this post. Or at the very least, thought i was saying something i wasn't, so let me explain.

My point was, and i could be wrong, maybe it's the smoking, maybe it's my age, but my memory isn't what it used to be, and because of that, and because the CK has been out for 2-3 months already (i think?) I seem to remember at this point in Skyrim's lifespan browsing the Nexus mods for hours, and looking at cool new stuff that people have made. And every time i pop on the FO4 Nexus, i'm greeted with the same mods i seen a week ago.

Now this isn't any ones fault, and i'm not even upset, actually relieved to find out that the mod authors ARE still making mods for FO4, that the wait for the CK didn't deter them, or that the community didn't have the same interest, i'm glad that that is not the case.

And I completely understand waiting for good mods, i'm interested to see what's coming down the pipe soon, but since (as far as i know) there is no place to find current progress or plans for upcoming mods, I was left wondering why, why i kept seeing the same stuff on the Nexus for weeks at a time.

Good to hear they're on their way, and I can't wait to see what you guys can do.

My point was, and i could be wrong, maybe it's the smoking, maybe it's my age, but my memory isn't what it used to be, and because of that, and because the CK has been out for 2-3 months already (i think?) I seem to remember at this point in Skyrim's lifespan browsing the Nexus mods for hours, and looking at cool new stuff that people have made. And every time i pop on the FO4 Nexus, i'm greeted with the same mods i seen a week ago.

Really? Do you really think the Creation Kit has been out 2-3 months?

Your whole argument is based on a totally wrong set of information. The Creation Kit has been in 'open beta' for just over 1 months... April 26th if I remember correctly. So that is 1 month and 1 week.

Would it really be that hard for you to do a simple fact check before coming on here and insulting the community?

And your memory of Skyrim seems to be clouded by magical unicorn sparkles, causing you to see the past as better than it was.

It more or less has to do with how much time has passed since Fallout 4's release. Modders don't want to keep updating their mods every time a new beta update or patch update comes out to break their mods. Pretty much, they are waiting for a stable version of Fallout 4 with all the DLC so they can make a clean version with no hassle to update it.