What Music do you guys/gals listen to when you play Oblivion?

TheNecropolis666

I'm looking for extra music to add to my modded game of Oblivion, preferably music that fits with the original soundtrack or ambience related stuff, the more epic, the Better! I've already got Oblivion Music Overdose and most of the related music mods, but even then i feel the need to go and find more!

That, and i'd just like to hear what you guys listen to when you play! :laugh:

I also have used Oblivion Music Overdose for quite a while (and have loved it). Recently I learned about Oblivion Symphonic Variations Music Suite and have been using it for that past month or so along with Overdose.

With Overdose I quickly got to the point where I couldn't be certain if a track was vanilla or Overdose (they follow the original music style that closely in my opinion). The Symphonic Variations doesn't quite meet that standard for blending in with the vanilla, but is still quite similar in style and is quality work.

The other thing I learned about from the Variations mod description and use is Silent Tracks Expanded, another fine addition that adds more than you'd first expect.

- Edit - Forgot to mention another important part of the music equation ... Trifle. I mainly only use the music control part of it and have it set so that the combat tracks don't end immediately when combat ends (so you hear the combat track that is currently playing until it ends) and have the distance set to quite close before the combat track starts (so you don't get that "prewarning" that an enemy is nearby).

Edited by Striker879

I replaced the default fight music by some lore-unfriendly ones, you can do it easily by installing the mp3's you like in Data\Music and naming them the same than the vanilla files (for example battle_07) for the battle musics.

Among others I love listenning to a closed version of this north-korean propaganda song,

"Long distance" from "The revenge of Shinobi" and this excellent version of Pirate of the Carribeans theme