Future of EU...

Signette

We will all reap for what we sow.

Wrong. We, the people, reap what they, the politicians, sow.

Until enough is enough.

Politicians are still people. If it was broken to begin with, it always will be.

Politicians are perfectly capable of taking what works and breaking it, they do it with monotonous regularity and there's not a damn thing we can do about it because they're all as bad as one another.

Exactly.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be sure about current situation, because it (thankfully) isn't developing where I live (yet), but considering what I see in media, there is a big problem. By example of Germany, it seems like there is huge divide inside natives. Some are outraged by presence of immigrants when others are very welcoming and reject every claim of more nationalistic mooded fellows.

In my opinion, if nationalists will give rise in Europe:

1. First of all it will lead to civil war among natives.

2. It would be too late, because natives will become overwhelmed minority in their own countries.

What makes me most puzzled about all this situation is how Europeans, and generally German or French people passive about events in their land. Because let's face it, immigrants aren't the problem, the problem is EU business and goverment, which immigrants are very lucrative for and by killing or any other kinds of civil violence against them it cannot be solved. It may sound very cynical, but realistically: you kill one, ten more fills the gap. What native Eropean people should be doing right now to prevent disaster is taking down their government apart and throwing out entire EU parliment from their seats, if not legally than by force, it's the only way. Until people won't be able to deal with their own authrities, they'll keep rolling into abyss... do they even realize this?

Edited by Signette

What makes me most puzzled about all this situation is how Europeans, and generally German or French people passive about events in their land. Because let's face it, immigrants aren't the problem, the problem is EU business and goverment, which immigrants are very lucrative for and by killing or any other kinds of civil violence against them it cannot be solved. It may sound very cynical, but realistically: you kill one, ten more fills the gap. What native Eropean people should be doing right now to prevent disaster is taking down their government apart and throwing out entire EU parliment from their seats, if not legally than by force, it's the only way. Until people won't be able to deal with their own authrities, they'll keep rolling into abyss... do they even realize this?

That problem is nothing new, I have to go back a quite a bit. Nearly a decade ago there was the European constitution. In about three countries, there was a referendum in which they asked the population whether or not to accept it. People voted against. But their respective governments decided to ignore the results and accepted the constitution anyways(I believe Ireland was the exception because their national constitution dictated they had to respect the results). We here in my country did not get to vote for it, Our prime minister then, decided that we didnt understand the issue and that the government would decide in our place.

It made me quite angry, if we dont understand; explain it to us then! I have to say, I know what the EU constitution is about and I still dont like it, maybe thats why I didnt get to vote or why others said no in their national referenda.

That prime minister did not get elected into office again, but it didnt matter because that particular politician went for and now is an EU Member of Parliament. Other politicians took his place but generally adopted the same idea's and methods(the difference is very often in the details). What you see is that people punish politicians that do not deliver in the next elections(voting is compulsory here, so its quite extreme), only to see them replaced by others who continue where the previous left off.

And I have to be honest and say that we Europeans in general are quite weak and somewhat ignorant and naive. Part of the population believes that there is nothing they can do about the situation/government and they just continue with their own personal lives while others think that the next government will be better(I've seen them make that claim that for the past two decades though).

I remember a professor once saying that a politician thinks no further than the next elections while a statesman thinks no further than his own career. And its generally quite true.

I dont want to kill anyone, what I would like to do is get rid of these politicians. But I stand alone mostly. There are some who agree with me but nothing happens and unless it goes horribly wrong and people wake up, nothing will change.

I know I sound very pessimistic, but thats mostly because I am, the above example is just one that represents the many.

That problem is nothing new, I have to go back a quite a bit. Nearly a decade ago there was the European constitution. In about three countries, there was a referendum in which they asked the population whether or not to accept it. People voted against. But their respective governments decided to ignore the results and accepted the constitution anyways(I believe Ireland was the exception because their national constitution dictated they had to respect the results). We here in my country did not get to vote for it, Our prime minister then, decided that we didnt understand the issue and that the government would decide in our place.

It made me quite angry, if we dont understand; explain it to us then! I have to say, I know what the EU constitution is about and I still dont like it, maybe thats why I didnt get to vote or why others said no in their national referenda.

That prime minister did not get elected into office again, but it didnt matter because that particular politician went for and now is an EU Member of Parliament. Other politicians took his place but generally adopted the same idea's and methods(the difference is very often in the details). What you see is that people punish politicians that do not deliver in the next elections(voting is compulsory here, so its quite extreme), only to see them replaced by others who continue where the previous left off.

And I have to be honest and say that we Europeans in general are quite weak and somewhat ignorant and naive. Part of the population believes that there is nothing they can do about the situation/government and they just continue with their own personal lives while others think that the next government will be better(I've seen them make that claim that for the past two decades though).

I remember a professor once saying that a politician thinks no further than the next elections while a statesman thinks no further than his own career. And its generally quite true.

I dont want to kill anyone, what I would like to do is get rid of these politicians. But I stand alone mostly. There are some who agree with me but nothing happens and unless it goes horribly wrong and people wake up, nothing will change.

I know I sound very pessimistic, but thats mostly because I am, the above example is just one that represents the many.

I'd add Jeremy Corbyn to that, he's was solid Eurosceptic right up the moment he won the Labour leadership, now he's campaigning to remain. We don't have genuine parties, we have political class that lords it over us no matter how we vote, a political class that is answerable to Brussels, not the people.

Muslim woman asks a question and probably wishes she didn't

or

Why you can´t say "it´s just the minority who is radical"

You kinda missed the point.

She was essentially saying that majority or minority does not matter. As long as there is an active and thriving element within a community who holds a radical view, that group can still cause harm. She says nothing about trying to combat an ideology, but instead tries to force blame onto that peaceful majority... Basically doing the same thing alot of people do when faced with a difficult question, ignore the question and instead focus on some aspect of the question to find fault. It plays well for crowds, but ultimately doesn't accomplish anything.

Pretty sure I didn´t miss the point. I may have phrased myself just a little off, though. Made sense in my head at least ;)

2. It would be too late, because natives will become overwhelmed minority in their own countries.

Two options:

1.You know nothing about EU or...

2.You are delusional.

Nationalists are a minority already in most of EU but native Europeans are a huge majority in the EU countrys im familiar with. So your points are invalid at best.

• I am a British dude, I can say with a heap of surety that a lot of European country's will think ill of the UK.
  • Violence around the EU is huge already. US sticking their size 9's in make it worse its adding fuel to the fire.
  • Cameron is only concerned with his place in the EU parliament (Check out their benefits).
  • Most of the British have a cousin child aunt uncle ect that are out of work and blame foreign migrant workers.
  • People miss unions of the non European variety.
  • NHS is buckling under weight.
  • and on and on

Basic there is a whole bunch of folk will vote brexit just to do the opposite of David Cameron's wishes (couple years ago brexit was David Cameron's idea until Obama said US/UK relations would be affected (or is that effected) by brexit).

<DIV>Some meaningful reason to not go swimming with the immigrants</DIV>

Two options:

1.You know nothing about EU or...

2.You are delusional.

Nationalists are a minority already in most of EU but native Europeans are a huge majority in the EU countrys im familiar with. So your points are invalid at best.

Pretty much this.

Even for the nationalist minority, Most of them are in opposition of EU policies, not because it opens the door to other EU countries, but that it has allowed non-Europeans the ability to enter their country and travel freely. Not all countries in the EU share the same immigration and border policies when dealing with people originating from outside the EU, meaning that what has been possible is that some have immigrated to those areas with a relaxed immigration policy, become citizens, and by nature of now being a citizen of one EU country they can again move to another EU country who would have denied them originally... Essentially adding more strain to the social services of the countries which were once better off and leaving a means for criminal (smuggling, human trafficking) or fanatical elements to get established. Arguably it is a bigger problem than the US/Mexico border issue since in the EU you are dealing with more countries and inconsistent policies.