.NIF & .DDS

BladerRavinger92

Hi, i am finally getting the hang of the Construction Kit (tho my lappy giving me abit of hassle atm as im missing some RAM)

Unfortunately i don't have the Software (and it would seem Hardware hehe), Time, Patients, or the Girlfriend( Total Nag, im always on the comp) to make any NIFF or DDS Files

On top of that i wouldn't know were to start, sooooo would anyone be willing to make a few little bits for me

Its a Big job but i fear my lappy will Explode if i try asking it to build me a 3D model then put it in a game hehe

please get in touch if you can help and il let you know the specifics

i not after the whole thing being made for me, just image files, i can build everything inside TESCS

Thanks

If that's the case, why make 3d models? Ever thought of using custom models....like from a modders resource?

Like you said, it takes a lot to make an object in a program like 3dsmax, then properly configure it in Nifskope, then drag it into the game.

Might I suggest that you give an idea of what you want modeled? This would let folks that have the ability to make objects decide if they are going to be capable of helping you out and will keep your inbox from being flooded with questions that don't net you any models at all :)

the thing is i want a very specific weapon and armor set built with the right colours, shades and details, so i can have my own range of gear, i aint that good at building stuff from scratch tho if i had the Software i would try, and do a good job. its just a lot of detail to put in a forum not knowing wether someone gonna help me or just take it and upload there own version

the thing is i want a very specific weapon and armor set built with the right colours, shades and details, so i can have my own range of gear, i aint that good at building stuff from scratch tho if i had the Software i would try, and do a good job. its just a lot of detail to put in a forum not knowing wether someone gonna help me or just take it and upload there own version

Well you also have to remember that the work involved in doing such tasks varies immensely depending on what exactly is needed and so to get any one to do this is going to take some details of how complex of a project it actually is going to be (for instance is the armor an existing set that you need retextured or does it need to be modeled and rigged and textured and etc. etc. etc.) and many that might be able to do it will not be willing to seek you out to get details of what you are wanting. (besides the fact that someone might have free time right now but by the time they track you down to get any details may no longer have that time or may have found something else to start on ) -- So in the end it is your choice if you want to give some details or not but you are not likely to get any volunteers if they do not have a clue as to what it is they are volunteering for !

Ok, Thank you all, i will take a look at what standard sets there are in-game because i understand a re-texture will be a lot easier

but for anyone out there that would like to know the gravity of what i have in mind, i was thinking a full suit of armor & weapons Inc, all the little things i.e Arrows and daggers

if anyone could point me towards free software i will try my hand

if not i can provide extremely rough sketches at best so one will need initiative

There is plenty of free software that you can use:

Blender to create the 3D meshes

NifSkope for Nif editing

GIMP for texture manipulation

The CS Wiki Modelling Portal has plenty of tutorials that will help get you started (including links to the above software).

thaks aloot, il run them through google and see what i find

I realize that you are wanting to get some items into the game that are to your specifications, and I can understand that you want it to end up as your mod not someone elses. All you need to do is list what you are looking for, or perhaps advertise that you are putting together a team to create a mod and what members of the team you are looking for. Either way, as I mentioned, those that can do the job will be more willing if they have an idea of what they are being asked to do.

Good luck on getting this together, hope you end up with something that you will enjoy for quite some time :)