Dragon Shouts are OP.

Goliath978

Oh please... troll warning but ok... let's take it in steps...

1. Who says you can freeze every enemy in the game? Where did you get that from? We don't really know enough yet but ever heard of resistances?

2. You can't attack while you're invinvible.

3. There's a cooldown on all shouts, with more powerful shouts having longer recovery. You can't spam these things.

Edited by Adrius2

Think. A shout where you can freeze anyone. Any enemy. A shout where you're invincible for a bit.

I think this makes for a very one man army type of play. Considering few others can use them.

The shouts

1. Are very hard to acquire (you have to slay 72 (72!!!) dragons to get them all + you have to find the word walls

2. Have a cooldown period

3. Probably won't work very well on Dragons

4. The freeze shout requires 3 words to actually freeze a whole group of enemies like in the video, I think

I feel that freezing dragons will be near impossible. And the drawback of the ethereal shout is that you cannot attack. It's simply delaying your demise is you're in real trouble.

What's with these odd threads you start? Kind of like the Naughty Boys one, but fortunately this one isn't controversial and lends to actual conversation. But you're a borderline troll if you ask me.

I agree with the replies; you kind of have to be a one-man army. This is a single-player game.

Oh please... troll warning but ok... let's take it in steps...

Trolling =/= a point you do not agree with.

The rest you have spot on.

Agreed, that is not what trolling is. Such a misunderstood term. It's people who hide behind the protection of the internet to say things that incite anger, frustration, offense, or controversy. They usually have an agenda, and that's why from what I've seen from OP's backlog, he's borderline.

I just have to give you Kudos for that Nate. :thumbsup:

I agree as well. But allow me to divert this discussion.

-----

On the Topic of OP shouts.

What does this CoolDown Time mean?

FUS ROH DAH

Tier 1 =Fus=knock enemies back and stagger them

Cooldown time 120 seconds.

YOL TOOR KRIEN

Tier 1=yol=Spew a fireball from your mouth

cooldown time 60 seconds

.My Question is....How is the Cool down timer Applied?

*Do i have to wait 60 seconds from YOL to perform ANY other shout again?

*Or can i just flip through the list and porform each shout one after another as long as i dont use the same one twice?

-

I fear it may be...the second. As in the final part of the demo, we see Todd Perform Firebreath and Lighting storm back to back....OH GAWD :mellow:

I'll take Fus Ro Dah as an example.

You can choose how many words you want to shout by holding the button down longer.

Only saying Fus, will give you a cooldown of let's say 80 seconds, saying Fus Ro will give you 160 seconds, and Fus Ro Dah will give you a 240 seconds cooldown.

And I also think that cooldowns affect all shouts, not just the one you shouted.