Dragon Shouts are OP.

Goliath978

Pete confirmed it on Twitter a while back: using one shout puts them all in cooldown.

I was about to post that I hope that's how it goes, it would make sense! Todd was just in "Todd Mode" then. :thumbsup:

Think. A shout where you can freeze anyone. Any enemy. A shout where you're invincible for a bit.

I think this makes for a very one man army type of play. Considering few others can use them.

The shouts

1. Are very hard to acquire (you have to slay 72 (72!!!) dragons to get them all + you have to find the word walls

2. Have a cooldown period

3. Probably won't work very well on Dragons

4. The freeze shout requires 3 words to actually freeze a whole group of enemies like in the video, I think

I feel that freezing dragons will be near impossible. And the drawback of the ethereal shout is that you cannot attack. It's simply delaying your demise is you're in real trouble.

wait... there are 72 differant dragon shouts...? holy moly...

I personally don't think the shouts are overpowered in any way. I think they're unique and one of a kind. Even if you used all of the shouts, you would be able to kill a whole number of NPC's easily, but you would still be able to defeat them without the shouts. It's basically a manner of power, to make you feel special and have something no one else in the game has. Let's say you can use all of the shouts after the other, and you are able to swing your sword faster for 20 seconds and freeze freeze an enemy meanwhile. The majority of the shouts are more essential for dungeon exploring and questing. They have shown us that some of the shouts are essential for some quests, as well.

If we make a scenario. Let's say that you are fighting a dozen skeletons or whatever, in a tight area of a dungeon, and you have to defeat all of them to proceed. You have no need for the sprinting shout, no need for the invincibility shout since you have to kill them, you won't be able to use the storm shout and the only ones which might aid you are the combative shouts, which aren't that overpowered.

The shouts are basically divided into questing, miscellaneous and combat. Although, I don't know all of the shouts yet, but you get my drift.

Edited by hejpadig