What's wrong with my game (Mods) 2

MrAlexKing96

skyrimprefs

iPresentInterval=0 set to 1, needs to be one for ENB and I believe ENBBoost

ENBlocal

EnableFPSLimit=false set to true

______

Skyrim is a 32 bit game designed to run on the XBOX in 2011. Although that doesn't sound like its that long ago the Xbox 360 was already an old system by then and computers were fairly advanced even if you had a system when the XBOX first hit the shelves you were ahead of the game.

Skyrim also debuted the Papyrus Scripting System and some will go as far as to say that it was tacked on.

Didn't start with a great deal of memory overhead that came about solely because of user demand it originally had 2GB of memory usage compared to todays 4GB.

On top of that the game had trouble with its memory allotment being that it would fail when you loaded up enough mods that added graphics or scripts.

Shezons Memory Tweak has gone a long way keeping this dinosaur alive.

By comparison

Fallout 4 was designed with a large modding audience in mind from jump street all the way down to claiming full legal rights to sell anything and everything packaged in a mod uploaded to Bethsada.net

But that's a story for another time.

Suffice it to say don't push your luck 1/4 as far as you would with F04.

Best stick to a handful of mods and don't get too crazy about downloading everything.

You asked would you have to start a new game because of making changes to the ENBlocal.ini and the Skyrim.ini's

That's a NO

But I asked you to remove a mod that would most certainly cause issues in continuing a game after its removal.

Dual Sheath Redux.

Fallout 4 is a superior game compared to Skyrim in about everyway except well Shaun....And the main plot...plus there's prob a complete list elsewhere.

Thing is its extremely stable and tough.

skyrimprefs

iPresentInterval=0 set to 1, needs to be one for ENB and I believe ENBBoost

ENBlocal

EnableFPSLimit=false set to true

______

Skyrim is a 32 bit game designed to run on the XBOX in 2011. Although that doesn't sound like its that long ago the Xbox 360 was already an old system by then and computers were fairly advanced even if you had a system when the XBOX first hit the shelves you were ahead of the game.

Skyrim also debuted the Papyrus Scripting System and some will go as far as to say that it was tacked on.

Didn't start with a great deal of memory overhead that came about solely because of user demand it originally had 2GB of memory usage compared to todays 4GB.

On top of that the game had trouble with its memory allotment being that it would fail when you loaded up enough mods that added graphics or scripts.

Shezons Memory Tweak has gone a long way keeping this dinosaur alive.

By comparison

Fallout 4 was designed with a large modding audience in mind from jump street all the way down to claiming full legal rights to sell anything and everything packaged in a mod uploaded to Bethsada.net

But that's a story for another time.

Suffice it to say don't push your luck 1/4 as far as you would with F04.

Best stick to a handful of mods and don't get too crazy about downloading everything.

You asked would you have to start a new game because of making changes to the ENBlocal.ini and the Skyrim.ini's

That's a NO

But I asked you to remove a mod that would most certainly cause issues in continuing a game after its removal.

Dual Sheath Redux.

Thanks you for your time and guidance ,i do as you said, remove Dual sheath redux and all the related patch to it as the guide, the hotkey ++,safety load, adjust those line in Skyrimpref and Enblocal ini as you said, but it still CTD after 2 minutes after the first try.

Safety load is normally used for increasing the UGrids to load which is never safe.

Seem to remember Safety Load being for infinite loading screen and game freezes. UGridsToGo might be the mod you are thinking about for increasing the UGrid number.

Safety load is normally used for increasing the UGrids to load which is never safe.

Seem to remember Safety Load being for infinite loading screen and game freezes. UGridsToGo might be the mod you are thinking about for

i have did some research about ugrids, people said that its really unstable and could possibly corrupt the save, the game even if u only increase it to 7, even though with all the guides how to do it, i most likely wont want to take that risk unless i have no other choice to stop the CTD.

Edited by xheox

Seem to remember Safety Load being for infinite loading screen and game freezes. UGridsToGo might be the mod you are thinking about for

i have did some research about ugrids, people said that its really unstable and could possibly corrupt the save, the game even if u only increase it to 7, even though with all the guides how to do it, i most likely wont want to take that risk unless i have no other choice to stop the CTD.

No one suggested you use UGridsToGo. The Skyrim default #5 is sufficient. Try the Safety Load mod.

Edited by Moksha8088

No one suggested you use UGridsToGo. The Skyrim default #5 is sufficient. Try the Safety Load mod.

gamefever said i shouldnt use safety load, i dont know which advise to take :tongue:, btw i'm trying to install some ENB graphics enhance like RealVision ENB , just wonder if its fine ? and this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/? it looks like it really heavy, due to the description, changing everything in skyrim, all the trees, mountain, sky,etc

Edited by xheox

You need to read the Skyrim STEP Guide or you will never have stable game.

For example, this is a typical newbie mistake. You set ipresentinterval to 1 in skyprefs.ini. This was a Bethesda mistake and has no effect, you can even delete it completely and nothing will change. The place to put

iPresentInterval=1 (for vsync on) is in Skyrim.ini under [Display]. Only then it works. Assuming you correct this, then try my enboost configuration (i use enboost 0.292, some settings may have changed since then). I can play for 8 hours straight without crash and i get one odd crash once in 10 days. If you still get crashes, then either you have something else wrong in Skyrim.ini or prefs.ini or you have some very unstable mod or mod conflict.

BEWARE: I use FXAA, you may need to change the antialias settings if you use other form of antialiasing. You may also need raise reserved memory or the total amount of memory.

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true
[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true
[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=4000
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0
[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
KeyBruteForce=66
[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0
[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
[FIX]
FixGameBugs=false
FixParallaxBugs=false
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=false
FixSkyReflection=false
FixCursorVisibility=false
FixLag=false
[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0
Edited by Legedur

gamefever said i shouldnt use safety load, i dont know which advise to take :tongue:, btw i'm trying to install some ENB graphics enhance like RealVision ENB , just wonder if its fine ? and this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33017/? it looks like it really heavy, due to the description, changing everything in skyrim, all the trees, mountain, sky,etc

Since Gamefever mistook Safety Load for UGridsToGo, then by all means go with his advice. :devil: If your game is not running, it might be best to hold off on adding even more stuff till you get your game running and stable,