Steam question

Flopsies

Ok, so this is the first ever time that I have preordered a steam game at gamestop and the first time that I will have ever attended a midnight release. I live in Mississippi (sadly) which is central time. So what time will the game unlock? Will it be 12:00 AM everywhere? Or different?

It appears that steam has set the unlock time to 12 am pacific time. So that's 2 am central time. :(

Mountain Time FTW! I won't get to play in earnest until Saturday, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Mountain Time? Me too, what state?

Ohh mountain time folks. :) I'm up in the mountains, in Wyoming. :)

I used to live in Casper. It is so beautiful up there. A good place to play Skyrim lol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountain Time FTW! I won't get to play in earnest until Saturday, anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Salt Lake City, Utah. :thumbsup:

Ha that's awesome! I live in Provo, Utah! For UVU.

Salt Lake City, Utah. :thumbsup:

Ha that's awesome! I live in Provo, Utah! For UVU.

Nice! I live right by the University of Utah, but I go to the community college. :psyduck:

Anyway, yeah...uh, Steam, right? What's up with that?

I've been guilty of much thread-jacking today...

wait im so confused. So if I buy a physical copy at midnight, and install it to my pc, i can't play until later in the day?

No it means that you will not be able to install the game at all until it is unlocked on steam. Because in order to install the game, you also have to varify that it is a legitimate copy with steam. And you will not be able to do that if the game has not been unlocked. Which will be 2AM Central Time apparently. So that means that I will get the game at 12 AM come home, and then wait until 2 AM to install and play the game.

That is my understanding so far.

wait im so confused. So if I buy a physical copy at midnight, and install it to my pc, i can't play until later in the day?

No it means that you will not be able to install the game at all until it is unlocked on steam. Because in order to install the game, you also have to varify that it is a legitimate copy with steam. And you will not be able to do that if the game has not been unlocked. Which will be 2AM Central Time apparently. So that means that I will get the game at 12 AM come home, and then wait until 2 AM to install and play the game.

That is my understanding so far.

doesn't that defeat the purpose of midnight release?

I heard Pete saying that Steam adapts to your timezone.

When 11.11 passes the game will be unlocked in your timezone. And you can install it before 11.11 (If you have a DVD).

EDIT:

Steam now has a countdown until 11.11:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

When the timer hits 0 in your timezone it will be unlocked.

Edited by Iv000