Post your Skyrim gaming area

onson

This is where I will be spending 10 days straight starting 11.11.11,http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/onson1976/IMG_1097.jpg

1. Is that a skull? Yes. This is from an 11 ft alligator I slayed when I was about 12 years old with a 30/30 rifle. We lived on a creek in Alabama. This is the s*** that goes on in Alabama. Yes everything you've heard is true.

2. Kukri Machete. I keep this nearby to defend against the impending zombie infestation. Chicks dig it. I made it from a solid piece of carbon steel. Beautiful? No. Creepy? Yes.

3. Refridgerator with a piece of camo material over it. Because they dont make camouflage refridgerators.

4. Remote control for AC unit.

5. Recliner. Was'nt sure how I was gonna pull off recliner/pc combo but this works. The black board that the keyboard is sitting on is from another disassembled desk. I set it in my lap , lean back and I'm set. The only problem is that it can be too comfortable. I fall asleep all the time in the middle of gaming. The plus side, when I wake up , I just pick up where I left off without having to move.

6. Gaming PC. I7-920/ 2 GTX 280's/12g RAM/1000w PS/Coolermaster HAF 932 case/ 2 500GB HD/ shitload of glowing fans/Noctua NH-D14 cooler/Soundblaster Titanium soundcard. Meets Skyrim requirements, but if I cant run it on Ultra its upgrade time!

7. Dell PC . Nothing special, Pentium 4 that I use to surf the net and watch movies or whatever sometimes if I break from gaming.

8. Dual monitors,obviously, 17 inch. If you've never used dual monitors, you are missing out. You will never go back. Thats a quote from someone famous, JFK or John Lennon maybe.

9. 26" LCD TV, I'm trying this out for a while, I had a 23 in monitor but it was a little small for when I'm leaned back in the chair. I may get a 32. I tried my 40 from the living room but it was too much. Yes that's possible.

10. AC unit. All this s*** makes the room hot. I never have to turn on the heat in the winter though.

11. Triton Headphones. I have some speakers but I've gotten to where I prefer headphones because it seems more immersive that way.

12. Logitech G13 gamepad, Microsoft Sidewinder X6 keyboard and mouse. I have a Skyrim mousepad on order along with a poster to set the mood.

About the desk. I was very disatisfied with the "game" desks that were out there so I built my own. It took about 80 hours as I carved it from a single piece of wood. Well, ok so I went to Home Depot, got 3 precut pieces of 3/4 in 2ft by 4ft plywood and a few 2x4x8's. The camo you see is material from Walmart. Pretty self explanatory after that I guess, screw the s*** together and glue/staple the material to it. The shelving underneath can be bought at Home Depot as well. This thing is 8 foot long, 24 inches deep, with the side parts sticking out 4 ft from the back wall. PlentyO room!

I look forward to seeing other people's setups. If your's isn't as elaborate as mine, maybe you will be inspired to kick it up a notch! Don't be a victim of a boring game room! I'm sure there is some crazy setups out there and I want to see em!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my computer... and the surrounding area (bit of my guitar on it too... I play it during load times etc...)

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?2onmiuaiv7t34sl

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?odvari958pzqzdp

Specs:

i7-920

GTX 295

6gb Corsair XMS3 1333mhz

1tb HDD

Antec 900 case

22" Acer Monitor

Logitech G9X mouse

Some cheapo keyboard

a rubbish chair

a desk I could break with one hand

A guitar from 1974 I'm fixing up...

Here's my computer... and the surrounding area (bit of my guitar on it too... I play it during load times etc...)

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?2onmiuaiv7t34sl

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?odvari958pzqzdp

Specs:

i7-920

GTX 295

6gb Corsair XMS3 1333mhz

1tb HDD

Antec 900 case

22" Acer Monitor

Logitech G9X mouse

Some cheapo keyboard

a rubbish chair

a desk I could break with one hand

A guitar from 1974 I'm fixing up...

I'm much more interested in the guitar...thread-jacker, away!

Is that a vintage SG Special?

Don't think so found it in a freinds basement (mother used to play)

It's a 1974 Yamaha SG200, they're pretty rare now!

Sounds good, but needs some work (new nut and frets leveled), I'm doing the rest of the set up myself...

I'm getting it for £90 though, so great deal!

Don't think so found it in a freinds basement (mother used to play)

It's a 1974 Yamaha SG200, they're pretty rare now!

Sounds good, but needs some work (new nut and frets leveled), I'm doing the rest of the set up myself...

I'm getting it for £90 though, so great deal!

That's almost as good! Yamer-Hammers hold up really well. Besides, I may have never spoken to you again if it was indeed a Gibson. You know, on principle of being super-jealous. :armscrossed:

Anyway, back on topic: my setup doubles as my workspace for school, etc. and is far less comfy than I'd like...I may spring for a new office chair. The desk itself is the star, as it's one of those towering corner desks with multiple stories and shelves everywhere. It takes up a fair chunk of my living room. I'd post pictures if I had a camera...