Finishing Moves?

shroudsoftruin

95 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on Finishing moves

• Definitely cool, super exited about em'
    • They'll be awesome at first, but i have a feeling it will become pretty annoying
    • Meh
    • Words cannot describe my utter hate/disdain towards this new feature

I just hope they don't break the flow of combat like the finishing moves in Hunted Dem's Forge did.

Arguably they do break the flow of combat. It's random at any kill and when they do happen you get some jolting camera spin out, and you lose control of your character and you are just watching it happen.

Arguably they do break the flow of combat. It's random at any kill and when they do happen you get some jolting camera spin out, and you lose control of your character and you are just watching it happen.

I agree with you there. I don't see why they didn't just make these animations optional.

Meh: I love the concept, But it was Implemented rather poorly.

*They force you out of your chosen perspective.

*Look closely, and youll see the blade never actually touches or goes inside of the foe. During stabs you just put it between his armpit.

*They leave no mark on foes, so i can not stumble upon a corpse and see a story unfold of how he was killed.

*No Arrow/Magic/Drowning/Falling death animations<would have preffered

*They only occur on the last enemy in a group.

*No option to turn on/off

*How will it workn on Sitting/Sleeping targets?

-

These are all MINOR concerns, and i understand the reasoning behind all of them.

I do not dislike Finishers at all, i just think they had a lot of missed potential.

First of all they reminded me of Dark Messiah when you kill an enemy with full adrenaline and in that game and the way they did it, it never got boring or break my immersion. On the contrary it immersed me even more because I really liked taking the head of the neck of zombies or poor black guards! :woot:

Back in topic, it all depends on how often they will be happening. If it's one FM every 15 mins of killing then I'll sure enjoy them. But if it's one FM every minute or if there are other enemies when you perform a FM then they'll become annoying very fast.

I don't mind having the game changing the perspective just for the FM if it puts me back to the perspective I was using. Now on the topic of FM being melee only I don't think there can be FM for spells but bows could be doable. But then again just because we haven't seen any it doesn't mean there aren't any. Jeez everyone is so quick to judge a game; it's not even out yet and people are saying they want mods to remove them

I don't mind them, although if they zoom you out in a third person view, when in first person. It would ruin some of the immersion, and I would turn them off.

With archery, unless you're really close, I cant see how a finishing move would work, unless it went all fallout 3 and went in slomo with the arrow impaling his head...mmm....brains.

With magic... similar story- unless ur doing touch magic (others forms of magic would be possible... but might get a violent (borderlands esque) with touch you could punch your flamey hand though them or something... but it all gets very borderlands (exploding head!)

All I'm really hoping for in this department is the ability to smack people with my bow if they get close