Finishing Moves?

shroudsoftruin

95 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on Finishing moves

• Definitely cool, super exited about em'
    • They'll be awesome at first, but i have a feeling it will become pretty annoying
    • Meh
    • Words cannot describe my utter hate/disdain towards this new feature

Some of them seem really nice, but when you've seen around 4 different gameplays of Howard making that finishing move on the wolf in the beginning, it's always twitchy like hell.

The videos of the wolf execution were all from earlier builds of the game, the newer videos with different executions seemed...executed...better :mellow:

Looks cool in videos, but I think it will annoy the hell out of me ingame. I prefer staying in the firstperson-perspective, rather than switching in and out to thirdperson like that everytime I kill someone. At least I dont think I have seen or heard anything about the finishing moves also being visible in firstperson?

Anyway, if it is thirdperson only, I will keep my eyes open for a mod to disable it. Never used it in Fallout3 neither.

Maybe I could stand it if it only appeared on bosses and other special enemies.

I think it's a nice addition, though I won't be surprised if there is a mod that can disable or circumvent them at some point. What might be better to ask is if you are invincible while performing them, since I imagine it would get tiresome to die to some Lich because you're busy performing a finishing move on a minion of his.

you will probably only be able to do a finishing move on the last person, hence the name FINISHING move. your FINISHING the battle

EDIT: You spelled excited wrong

Only thing I'd like to see with an archer is, you know I forget the game but every time you'd get a headshot it would play the animation

in slow-mo and show it going into their head, it would be cool if it showed the arrow in a similar way and it actually come out

the back side of the persons head, maybe a bit to "gore", but make it only happen randomly like 1/50 times, so every time it happens

you call your mom in the room to see it and by the time she's in there it's over. Then she decides your into the game to much

and calls for family night -_-, (happened to me as a child). Back to the point, that's all that I want in the besides what's already in it

it already has hundreds hours of gameplay, possibly thousands if your the type who goes EVERYWHERE to get EVERYTHING (like me)

Off-topic again, as for the magic, not much they could do with it, they could assign like one to each spell, but everyone would get annoyed

seeing the same finishing move with there fav spell, so it doesn't really work. First thing I'm doing when I get the game is shooting an

arrow straight in the air and seeing if it comes back down and hits me. Off-topic again.

Edited by Tempahs

I was already bored of the finishing moves by the time I finished the demo. I only had like 3 or 4 :tongue:

They might be cool for a while, they mostly jerk you out of 1st person, some slom mo crap, action stops, basically its a just a gimmick, the kind I'm not a fan of.

I think it's a nice addition, though I won't be surprised if there is a mod that can disable or circumvent them at some point. What might be better to ask is if you are invincible while performing them, since I imagine it would get tiresome to die to some Lich because you're busy performing a finishing move on a minion of his.

you will probably only be able to do a finishing move on the last person, hence the name FINISHING move. your FINISHING the battle

Hm, "Finishing move" sounds more like the last hit on someone before he dies, not the last enemy around. And that's how it worked in Fallout3 as well. But I dont know, we'll see :ermm:

All hail UKF Dubstep! :wub:

I was already bored of the finishing moves by the time I finished the demo. I only had like 3 or 4 :tongue:

They might be cool for a while, they mostly jerk you out of 1st person, some slom mo crap, action stops, basically its a just a gimmick, the kind I'm not a fan of.

Yep, an overused 300esque gimmick. I'll be looking for a mod to remove them also. I wish they had used the time making finishing animations making spear, crossbow and throwing weapon animations.

No, a "finishing move" describes the last hit on whatever you're fighting at the time, thus it would be nice to know if you're vulnerable while spending precious seconds uppercutting the skull off a skeleton, when a lich is throwing spells at you. I do imagine it'll be a bit like Fallout, where you're practically invincible, although not entirely.