Animated-ness?

Rennn

I've recently (in anticipation for Skyrim) been playing a heavily modded Morrowind. It's awesome :) . One mod caught my eye however; first person enhanced. It replaces first person animations with third person animations; you can look down and see your body, the screen bobs when you walk, your character will put up his arm and block part of the screen when you walk into a blizzard or ash storm, your arms will swing when you walk, etc. It's very immersive. I'm not sure I could ever love a game without something like that anymore actually.

I know from the Skyrim previews that it has better 1st person animations than Oblivion, but they're still somewhat bland compared to that Morrowind mod. Anyone have any idea how hard this would be to pull off in Skyrim, based on how it was done in Oblivion and Morrowind?

Me too, I was kinda disappointed when I found out that the trailer we saw of a "shaky cam" of the Dovahkiin running away and panting would not at all be how the game plays...but rather ultra-smooth and unrealistic running. I want it to feel realistic. :]

Yepp definitely. I'm going to miss acrobatics and athletics from oblivion too though. Even though it adds realism by removing insane hops, there should be an increase to jump height and run speed. For example if I wantes to me a theif ninja or something. Or an unarmored khajit. They should be able to jump quite high. Maybe a modder will add that in too

Yepp definitely. I'm going to miss acrobatics and athletics from oblivion too though. Even though it adds realism by removing insane hops, there should be an increase to jump height and run speed. For example if I wantes to me a theif ninja or something. Or an unarmored khajit. They should be able to jump quite high. Maybe a modder will add that in too

This ^^ But the jump height in Oblivion was ridiculous and being able to do backflips in heavy armor. :facepalm:

This ^^ But the jump height in Oblivion was ridiculous and being able to do backflips in heavy armor. :facepalm:

Haha true that. Plus the ability to change 180 degrees mid jump...6 times. But I mean something like being able to jump over a person acrobatically and knife em in the back would do. jumping on a short 1 story house at most. But yeah, it has to be smooth with nice animations. I hope it comes. I have so many mods I want, I hope I can even remember or find them in skyrimnexus haha

I've recently (in anticipation for Skyrim) been playing a heavily modded Morrowind. It's awesome :) . One mod caught my eye however; first person enhanced. It replaces first person animations with third person animations; you can look down and see your body, the screen bobs when you walk, your character will put up his arm and block part of the screen when you walk into a blizzard or ash storm, your arms will swing when you walk, etc. It's very immersive. I'm not sure I could ever love a game without something like that anymore actually.

I know from the Skyrim previews that it has better 1st person animations than Oblivion, but they're still somewhat bland compared to that Morrowind mod. Anyone have any idea how hard this would be to pull off in Skyrim, based on how it was done in Oblivion and Morrowind?

This is why you don't play RPGs close to the release of TES, and ESPECIALLY not a TES game a week or so before release!!! :facepalm: You spoil the game for yourself, man....