What do you think of "modding" ?

bloa2

Hello.

What do people think of modding, do you think it is good, or bad? Why do you think that?

How did you get into modding?

What is your favourite mod?

Why do you think people bother making mods?

Why do you download and play mods?

Thanks :) this is for college coursework, and would be very grateful if you would complete this.

Hello.

Hello to you to ;)

What do people think of modding, do you think it is good, or bad? Why do you think that?

Let's see, extra free content tthat increases the longlivety of my games, is that good or bad...

Can't really see anything negative about it.

Watched some youtube videos of oblivion modding, quick google search and I was here.

Thieves arsenal for oblivion. A mod that made it really fun to be an archer in the game

Because we find far too many things missing from the vanilla game that we would like to add. And rather than waiting for someone else to make something similar to what you want, the freedom to create exactly what you have in mind is often preferrable.

um... se my answer to your first question...

Edited by amycus

Hello.

Hello

It´s good to turn an awesome game even more awsome

I started by downloading mods, then found out I could make them my self. Still download those I can´t do myself, lol

Body mods, I guess

For me it is play, fantasy, toying, personalizing my game

I think it has been answered: make a game more awsome, play, fantasy, extending a game, personalizing a game

Thanks :) this is for college coursework, and would be very grateful if you would complete this.

You´re welcome ;)

Hello.

Greetings son of Skyrim!

It's a good thing. It makes already good games become even more awesome (or bad games become good) and gives those who make the mods experience in the design aspect of games.

I don't remember exactly, but I think I was playing on a Deus Ex server that had mods.

Major: Nehrim: At Fate's Edge (Oblivion)

Minor: Frostmourne (Oblivion, Dragon Age: Origins), Hair mods such as Ren's (Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas)

Either because they're bored with vanilla, they think vanilla sucks, they want some design experience, or just for fun.

Overall to make my gaming experience a better one.

No problem!

Modding is ordinary people creating magic ... When I first heard of it a good couple of years ago I had no clue what it meant ... now, I doubt that I'd be able to enjoy a game without it.

The creators of the games never think of everything ... that's where people like you and I come into the picture ... our desire for something missing, something not quite right, inspires us

to create or inspire others to create it ...

just finally decided to try it. tried it extensively on DAO and a little bit on FONV. just liked different ways to enjoy the game, different weapons, costumes, etc. one of my Mod playthroughs, i made myself, Alistair and Dog super powerful, made it so the game was harder then nightmare, and just played through with us 3. made it feel more like an official Grey Warden quest, since it was just us. very fun. i wanna do it again very soon.

Hello.

Hi there.

Mods make the game better in so many different ways, and they are optional, I can't think of any reason mods could be considered "bad". Don't like one? Easy, don't use it.

Morrowind. I wanted to be able to put things in my house, and actually expect them to be in the same place when I came back. It almost worked. :)

I am gonna have to say Sneak Detection Recalibrated. I play a stealth oriented character, and love what the mod does.

As mentioned by others. They don't like some aspect of the game, so, change it..... add material to the game..... game improvements, be they textures, bug fixes, quests, etc. And it IS kinda fun.....

I didn't care for the base game. Vanilla was boring. If it weren't for mods, I wouldn't play the game at all.

You are welcome, hope ya get a good grade. :D

reading HeyYou's post, i gotta say, that i download mods when i dont like the vanilla game and when i do.

for example. DAO, i loved normally. beat it 3 times normally, then tried mods, and beat it again. so in that respect, i used mods to make a game i loved, but had played the hell out of, new and exciting again

on the other hand, i had FONV for Ps3, and didnt like it, so i traded it in to get the PC version so i could use mods to make a game that i didnt like, enjoyable. however, by the time i got around to messing around with FONV mods, my gaming attention was drawn else ware and i decided to play other things, so im still stuck in the beginning of FONV lol.