Please read this!!

Madae

Ok, I would honestly like to see this nipped in the bud before Skyrim launches, because it will always be frustrating to find a piece of armor you really like that doesn't fit the body mod you use. We're probably going to see a dozen different bodies at some point, so I'm hoping that before Skyrim does come around, we can put our heads together and come to an agreement, through collaboration, that would make it easier on everyone and increase the enjoyment we get out of customizing our character. If there was one, easy to install, and easily identifiable body that everyone knows about, we can avoid dozens of different types of armors coming out for the dozens of different types of bodies, and that just makes our game that much more special. Blossom's body for New Vegas was close, but there were still attempts to take the focus off of it for personal preference. I would honestly like to not see that happen, and instead have one body, with many different customization options (and updated regularly) to fit everyone's needs.

Is it to much to ask for? Can everyone agree on this? In a perfect world, every file put on the Nexus would seamlessly work with everything else. It's an impossible dream, for the most part, but it can definitely be fulfilled with this, at least.

Not going to happen, every one has there own preferences, new improved bodies comes. Also having different customization options, is basically the same as having different bodies for the armor, you still have to edit them/convert to fit the new body shape, ie C cup/H cup or Body builder style male body or more slender for most armors.

The most important part though, is modders mod for themselves, not anyone else as they do not get payed. Sometimes they may do another version in a difference body/size if it is not to much hassle/ they can be bothered with it.

The only real true way around it would probably be a skeleton and changes to the base game that allows you to adjust individual parts of the body size, but since the default character creator just seems to deal with weight highly doubt that will happen any time soon.

Why should everyone agree on a 'perfect' body mod? No one can agree on what a perfect body is any more than they can agree on the definition of beauty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and a 'perfect' body is also in the eye of the beholder. :tongue:

There will be a 'most popular' body that more people will like more than the others, but that will not appeal to everyone, and that is as it should be.

A better, but still possibly unattainable goal should be a way to make clothing and and armor more flexible so as each clothing/armor fits all body shapes - no matter how different. To do this the clothing will somehow have to follow the contours of the body instead of being overlaid onto it.

I know there will be differences in taste and what people will want with their body. If we can get everyone to agree to take a "base body" and modify it accordingly, like HTEC for Oblivion with different variations, I just think it would be easier for everyone overall.

Bust size, hip size, butt and general muscle definition are probably all it will take. The differences I've seen in body mods are really subtle and it just would have made more sense to get everyone on the same page, agree on a particular base, and then expand off of that and creating one installer for everything - but at the same time, making it streamlined and usable with every asset created with them.

Better Bodies for Morrowind was great, because it was practically the only body mod out there and it was easy to find various items for it. Oblivion and Fallout 3 got a lot more wild and varied, but New Vegas almost succeeded in bringing it back to one-body-fits-all. I'd just like to see a return to form, and have everyone colloborate and focus on this one body set, and actually be universally happy with it. The first step would be to get everyone who is interested in it, and those who performed work on past bodies, together.

I agree with the OP. the reason being there is virtually no need to actually make anybody mod so totally incompatible with another. but people don't listen to me.

It's still going to be an issue. I could make a mod that replicates all existing bodys and make them all compatible. Maybe it'll happen.

Edited by Ghogiel

Not going to happen, every one has there own preferences, new improved bodies comes. Also having different customization options, is basically the same as having different bodies for the armor, you still have to edit them/convert to fit the new body shape, ie C cup/H cup or Body builder style male body or more slender for most armors.

The most important part though, is modders mod for themselves, not anyone else as they do not get payed. Sometimes they may do another version in a difference body/size if it is not to much hassle/ they can be bothered with it.

The only real true way around it would probably be a skeleton and changes to the base game that allows you to adjust individual parts of the body size, but since the default character creator just seems to deal with weight highly doubt that will happen any time soon.

Completely agree.

Like I said; the first step is to get everyone that wants to be involved together so we could work on it together. It's easy to say "it will never happen", but technically no one has ever tried to do it yet, so you really have no way of knowing.

Completely agree.

irrelevant. You can have any body shape you want and still have the textures you want. And nothing NEEDS to be incompatible.

You missing 1 vital piece of knowledge. It is entirely possible to have a body mod that is both Type3 AND what ever other ones are named. I did a POC of one that was both Vanilla and Roberts and a muscle body I made.

what you do is to project the different body shapes and textures onto ONE topology with one UV. As long as the final topology is good, and the UV is distortion free, the only thing you need to do is correctly project from the high poly models those bodies (should be) made from, to get get correct normal map bakes. the textures and shape is all projected along with it.

I am confidant it would be reletively wobble free as everyone is force to use the same skeleton, meaning proportionally all the bodies will be very close to each other, so minimises any distortions that happen in the UV when the mesh shapes are projected. Only small to huge boobies are an issue. but can be minimised if the UV is made for a decent fair medium sized> and is no worse off than what is done now anyway, I am pretty sure all the boob sizes have on the replacers all use the same exact UV and textures per body, and the distortion is carried over to the UV, so nothing changes there.

When nekkid there could be quite a lot of different body shapes.

But well.. no one listens to me.

Edited by Ghogiel