Mods you want to see or create

Zalpha

I would like to see several mods just to make this game playable. First better looking npc's, characters,races. Bethesda seems to think everyone loves the rocks and the dirt better than their characters and since most of the npc's and characters ( except the kahjit and the argonian brothers) are all covered with earth or worse, which brings to mind the classic quote we have all heard from Monty Pythons Holy Grail. Well there seem to be no kings in this game cause they're all covered with dung. The characters look like crap, secondly I would like to see a better interface between the player and his/her avatar. I want to be able to see my character in the items board where I can see what he is wearing before exiting to the world screen. I don't really care about looking at all the stuff in my bags in 360 degree angles...I can do that in the construction sight and it is useless. Give me a real bag of stuff and a panel where my character is wearing the stuff I choose so I can see it and compare stats of my items. Once again this game fails the players and it will be up to the modding community to fix Bethesda's shoddy work. I am sure that the modding community will come up with all of the things that will make us want to play this game for years to come but I really hope that someone makes a mod that allows us to play our games whenever we want off-line and without steam's piercing and nosy gaze. If they want to do marketing at my expense then they need to pay me otherwise get out of my business steam and shame on you Bethesda.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one mod that would really brighten my day would be one that got bandits, spiders, bears, large cats, and all other foes to stop attacking my horse instead of me. No matter what, I get off that horse, and everyone' s just wailing on him while I run around zapping them. It just seems a bit odd.

"I don't really care about looking at all the stuff in my bags in 360 degree angles..." You managed to do it? I tried to but I couldn't.

Anyway, what you say is true, and I'm sure the modders will do what bathesda failed to, no need to worry.

To play the game offline, you can use a crack (which is illegal if you didn't bought the game, but if you did, you can use it the way you want to, imo).

For the horse, it is really bad. I just lost my horse because of that, it could hold a wolf easily, but three bandits were too much, it died. 1000 golds for nothing, I'm so happy^^ (and I'm sure I'm almost as fast as my horse with sprint and whirlwind, I'm not gonna buy another horse before I'm a least millionaire xD)

I'd like to see a mod that gets rid of the dirt overlay from NPC (especially male) faces. I know that some characters are supposed to be all rugged, but sometimes it just looks like they fell face first into mud and only bothered to clean their armor pristine.

I saw there is a mod for cleaning up male bodies, but no faces yet.

Just something that speeds up walking a bit. It seems a lot slower than I remember it being from FO3/NV. Feels more like being permanently over encumbered, so a revision to FO's default speed would be nice (if it already isn't and I'm severely misremembering... but I don't think I am :P)

We need a mod to fix the broken keymapping... though I imagine without a script extender of some sort that would be impossible... man remember when elder scrolls was a pc game??? Not just a VERY POOR console port?

Man do I have list...

More perks per level

Something along the lines of a Dragons Unleashed, make the dragons far less predictable, new animations for them and attacks, every attack is pretty much the same, It's still at the point where theyre always entertaining but Im sure thatll change soon enough

I like the finishing move stuff its pretty sweet, camera often is a little wonky, but theres enough variety in them to keep it fresh, one thign I was worried about, but possibly adding more? even some more gore into it?

I dont mind the dirt adn stuff though I doubt every single person is going to be covered in it.

Very curious how spell based mods will factor into the games new spell system, will Midas Magic make a return? I sure hope so

I here the creation engine is supposed to be more mod friendly opposed to gamebryo so im excited to see whats in store.

Magic/Water mod:

Flames remove patches of frost left by frost spell. And burn the stuff underneath it. Frost puts flames out and leaves another frost patch on the blackened stuff.

Flame spell makes water steam up

Frost freezes it solid - ice range extends based on ice spell level and power

Electricity electrifies it - killing most humanoids and animals that venture into the water nearby. (Via heart attack - instakill) (Also possibly causes fish to float to surface belly-up) Range of kill field increases with power level of electric spell.

Animals can't run through it as though it doesn't exist - this is a a huge immersion killer. When you kill an animal, it floats to the surface and moves with the river current - animals should do this even when not dead - but be able to swim on surface and feebly kick towards shore.

In my opinion this would increase immersiveness by a ton.