Has Crysis been beaten in the graphics/physics department yet?

Omeletter

I think the title explains what I was asking... Yeah, so what other games have beaten, or at least got close to the graphics and physics of Crysis?

Not sure on that, but for being the standard measure of a computer's performance power, Modlivion has had it beaten for a long time. :laugh:

Crysis 2 DX 11 Ultra is almost as good. Modded GTA IV has better graphics. The witcher 2 has better graphics.

Witcher 2 is also far more hardware intensive. It kills Crysis by a long shot.

It looks like I can safely say that Crysis is in the top graphically realistic games, even 4 years after its release.

The Witcher 2 looks great with ubersampling, looks better than Crysis in some screens, too. What about its physics? Do they work as well as Crysis' ones, for example, grass/leaves move out the way when you walk through, cloth physics too?

Edited by Omeletter

It looks like I can safely say that Crysis is in the top graphically realistic games, even 4 years after its release.

The Witcher 2 looks great with ubersampling, looks better than Crysis in some screens, too. What about its physics? Do they work as well as Crysis' ones, for example, grass/leaves move out the way when you walk through, cloth physics too?

I actually never checked the grass thing. Thru all 5 replays my camera is mostly up to see the landscape. Will check that for you. Cloth are physised iirc

Just installed Crysis to pass the time, and play it through. I love punching out trees on a Maximum Strength setting and carrying a palm tree with me. I don't know how those koreans didn't notice a giant palm moving around :biggrin:

They did when it landed on them though. :smile: