2-Hander VS. Sword and Board

Klotzco

Due to the what we know about both styles of gameplay, I'm curious on what people are going to use. Due to the new shield bashing mechanics, the sword and board combo has a lot more potential than it did in Oblivion,whereas swinging a giant claymore seems the same. Decapitations have been confirmed with both 1H & 2H. I myself am stumped on what to choose, so hopefully you guys' reasoning will help me make a decision. Thanks!

You have to go with the "sword and board". For one, the shield bash is going to be awesome, and also it just adds another item to look for and upgrade.

I'll be using a sword and shield its the logical reason to use if it was real life, and same goes for the game, added protecting and i love how they've made it more appealing by adding disarms and bashes to opponents. That being said, i will be using Sword-board most of the time, mixing it with some dual wielding, and my trusty bow for hunting and taking enemies silently.

I'm hoping that when swinging some huge 2 handed sword/ axe, it's going to send the opponent reeling, even if they have a shield, in real life, those things are huge! and heavy!

And obviously do MASSIVE damage, but perhaps take longer to swing... but decapitating children and wood elves with my huge sword of death, sounds like allot of fun (after landing on a dragon, with a mod, and child killing WILL be a mod, and I WILL download it).

I'm hoping that when swinging some huge 2 handed sword/ axe, it's going to send the opponent reeling, even if they have a shield, in real life, those things are huge! and heavy!

And obviously do MASSIVE damage, but perhaps take longer to swing... but decapitating children and wood elves with my huge sword of death, sounds like allot of fun (after landing on a dragon, with a mod, and child killing WILL be a mod, and I WILL download it).

You sound like a real winner.

Two handed weapons were not typically large or heavy. You need to stop watching anime. Anything over 8 lbs was impractical. 3-4 lbs was typical.

@fisban0: Thanks for the info. Dunno how I missed that in the info thread. I wonder if I'll be alone in wanting to dual wield torches all the time. :P

Np :thumbsup:

Dual wielding torches might be intresting lol. I wonder if they do fire damage?

You sound like a real winner.

Two handed weapons were not typically large or heavy. You need to stop watching anime. Anything over 8 lbs was impractical. 3-4 lbs was typical.

You are aware that a Claymore weighs ~6lb. 2-handed Hammers and Maces could be upwards of 12lb. etc...

Many cultures used relatively heavy weapons for various reasons.