Time Change

Tilarium

Anyone notice that Steam has changed the countdown? It's now showing 1 week 1 day 2 hours, which puts the unlock between 1 and 2 am Eastern time. The count here shows it 1 week 1 day 5 hours 57 minutes. Guess steam listened to the outcry of angry players. Now it'll unlock right after I get back from the store and get it installed

Well if it will be unlocking at 1 or 2 EST, then that means that it will unlock here at 12 or 1 since I am Central Time. If that is true, then that means that I will be playing as soon as I get back home. Awesome!

steam clocks are wrong Pete say they're working on releasing the game at 12am EST in north america. they gave up on the 11/11/11 release on every timezone like i knew they would.

No I don't think that they have given up at all. The game will be released on 11-11-11 everywhere just like they said. However, that does not mean that it will be releasing at 12 o' clock sharp all over the world. That would just be too complicated. Some will be able to play it at 12. Some will be able to play it at other times. But still on 11-11-11.

No I don't think that they have given up at all. The game will be released on 11-11-11 everywhere just like they said. However, that does not mean that it will be releasing at 12 o' clock sharp all over the world. That would just be too complicated. Some will be able to play it at 12. Some will be able to play it at other times. But still on 11-11-11.

nah im going to play it at 9pm 11/10/11

@DCDeacon aka Pete Hines

@Thorstein5 all of the steam countdown clocks are currently wrong.

@ScottLufkin one for oz, one for UK/Europe, one for US (EST is planned), etc

@DCDeacon Holy s*** did you just announce 9pm PST on 11/10?

@afxtal that's what we are working on

go look at it if you want http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon right now steam shows skyrim releasing at 10pm PST 11/10/11 but they're gonna change it to 9pm PST aka 12am EST 11/11/11

Well I am speaking in terms of getting the game form Gamestop. i will not be able to get the game until Midnight which will be 11-11-11. And seeing that the game will be unlocked at 11 PM, then that means that I can play as soon as I get back. So the release is dead-on for me.

All this time stuff is giving me a headache.

Now we have to worry about shifting out of DST too?

What we need is some sort of Time Lord to bypass all this crap.

I'll just get pie faced drunk, pass out sometime before midnight wherever, and wake up late the next morning.

Problem solved.

Honestly? Who cares. Youll maybe get in 2-3 hours before you wanna sleep, then when you wake up, it will be activated regardless of where you are. We've waited this long :thumbsup:

Pssht, surely you've heard of the mighty ability known as napping? :P

Shop for goodies, eat dinner, sleep until midnight at least (since it's released at 2 am here), play all night :thumbsup:

All this time stuff is giving me a headache.

Now we have to worry about shifting out of DST too?

What we need is some sort of Time Lord to bypass all this crap.

I'll just get pie faced drunk, pass out sometime before midnight wherever, and wake up late the next morning.

Problem solved.

Why isn't everyone just doing this!? :thumbsup: