Time Change

Tilarium

One thing I´m not getting if steam allows us to unlock the game at 12am EST in north america then people in europe will have to wait for that hour?Since my country "works well" with this kind of stuff -.- I can imagine buying the game and just be able to install it the day after or something. Edited by scot

I've been reading some of the things here. From what I gather, you can go into game stores at midnight?

In Cairns, you have to wait until it's about 9am before the stores open.

Bummer man. Yeah we have a store called GameStop in the states that does midnight releases. Just did some trade-ins on old games and it only cost me $9 for Skyrim now. I'm paid in full now, all I have to do is just pick it up.

Anyone notice that Steam has changed the countdown? It's now showing 1 week 1 day 2 hours, which puts the unlock between 1 and 2 am Eastern time. The count here shows it 1 week 1 day 5 hours 57 minutes. Guess steam listened to the outcry of angry players. Now it'll unlock right after I get back from the store and get it installed

Well I think it was just estimating your time before. I think they always planned on the release at 12:01am in your timezone. Just think about it. They couldn't have everyone unlock at the same time worldwide. Their servers couldn't handle all that. That's why it will unlock at midnight for each timezone.

Not according to what the counter on Steam is saying to me here in the UK;-

Available: 11 November 2011

This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, and 13 hours

Great. Everyone else in the ruddy world gets it at 00.00 their time, here in Britain we don't get it until 2am by that reckoning. Conned and shafted as usual.

Great. Everyone else in the ruddy world gets it at 00.00 their time, here in Britain we don't get it until 2am by that reckoning. Conned and shafted as usual.

I'm on the east coast of the states and steam says 1 week and 16hrs. That would put me at midnight on the 11th. So with you being in jolly ol' England you get it 3 hrs sooner than me. I think you will be good for midnight unlock.

Are you sure that adds up correctly, mate? I mean, I live in Denmark (GMT+1) and I get it at 2 am too, so I'll somehow play one hour before you do? Usually Steam sets EU times based on the UK (that is, GMT) but maybe they're doing it backwards :psyduck: