Your #1 dislike about Oblivion?

onson

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) crashing every 15 minutes when hitting the RAM cap of 1.5 GB. Partially solved this with Streamline.

2) Boring dungeons with no unique rewards.

3) Small number of voice actors.

4) The leveling system was no fun. I prefer an xp based system.

5) Combat is boring once you hit max level (everything dies super fast and you are almost invincible).

6) Default UI sucks for the PC.

Luckily, most of these problems were solved by mods.

My #1 annoyance were the voice actors and senseless NPCs. I played Oblivion for about a year on the XBOX before I could afford my gaming PC, and playing without mods was fine, but my god, those voice actors were awful, let alone the fact that there were 6 of them for the generic NPCs (aka everyone except people like Uriel Septim). I cringed with some of the dialogue, too. I just hope Skyrim is really as good as it seems in that aspect.

What was it that bothered me the most about Oblivion? Two things really.

First there is all the complaining about 'Optimal Leveling'. Never understood power gaming and the need to hit all 5s every level up. All skills reach 100 eventually. I just kind of took my time and leveled from what I acually did. When I found a mod that did that, I jumped on it.

The other was late in the game every highway man was all decked out with dwemer plate and 2h sword. Where did they find it all? I thought they were missing from the world of Nirn for hundreds of years. Was there a Dwemer factory hidden somewhere in the mountains? Had they returned just to arm highway men?

Maybe I should toss in a third, the ugly underwear as that was another early mod download.

I think you guys covered my major complaints. The hand holding, the epic hidden chests with crap loot, the constant breaking and recharging of weapons, repetitive caves and planes of oblivion that all looked the same, and the damn ugly faces that looked even worse than (in my opinion) almost any TES game. I loved Oblivion... just sayin.

First up Delikatessen lucy picture, wheres the awesome button?
WHOA! Epic sig idea. It's in the form of a donation directly to me ;)

Back On Topic: Another thing that bothered me was the 2H sword animations. And the horse animations... was my character experiencing intense stomach pains or was she riding a horse? Never really got that.

Edited by Delikatessen