Question game

brokenergy

Did the word nihilistic come from a time when people were living by eating lots of fish from the Nile River?  Did they have to fight Crocodiles for the Fish in De Nile?

Does my not understanding any of the words used above mean I am nothing?

[side note to Pagafyr: wikipedia has a pretty cool and comprehensive summary of various interpretations of nihilism, but you may wish to note the following excerpt]

The etymological origin of nihilism is the Latin root word nihil, meaning 'nothing', which is similarly found in the related terms annihilate, meaning 'to bring to nothing',[5] and nihility, meaning 'nothingness'.[19] The term nihilism emerged in several places in Europe during the 18th century,[7] notably in the German form Nihilismus,[20] though was also in use during the Middle Ages to denote certain forms of heresy.[21] The concept itself first took shape within Russian and German philosophy, which respectively represented the two major currents of discourse on nihilism prior to the 20th century.[20] The term likely entered English from either the German Nihilismus, Late Latin nihilismus, or French nihilisme.[22]

When I was younger I wondered if all cats had nine tails because no cat had eight tails, and all cats had one more tail than no cat. But when did nothing become one less than one and eight more than none?

One by one did the tails become tales?  Did then cats have nine tales?  Did the tails that became tales all become tales about cat's lives?  Then did the tales about cat's lives become a tale about cats having nine lives?  Or did the cat's just have nine tales about their existences in the Universes?

• Like 1