Your #1 Favorite Thing about Oblivion

InuyashaFE

Well seeing as someone made a dislike topic, and I thought it was depressing to remember the previous game with such a sour memory, I decided we could reminisce over our favorite parts of the last game, so we have something pleasant to remember. :thumbsup:

Personally I think what I loved about Oblivion was the extensive quest line The Dark Brotherhood had, it was easily the most interesting out of all of them, and the player punch it gave you when you had to kill the entire sanctuary (and then learning it was completely unnecessary) was pretty immense.

How about you guys?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seeing as someone made a dislike topic, and I thought it was depressing to remember the previous game with such a sour memory, I decided we could reminisce over our favorite parts of the last game, so we have something pleasant to remember. :thumbsup:

Personally I think what I loved about Oblivion was the extensive quest line The Dark Brotherhood had, it was easily the most interesting out of all of them, and the player punch it gave you when you had to kill the entire sanctuary (and then learning it was completely unnecessary) was pretty immense.

How about you guys?

The dark brotherhood was definatly my favorite part of Oblivion. When I ran into them with my first character I actually started a new character (stealth marksman) just for that questline. :biggrin:

I think it says something about humanity that this post has so many fewer replies than the negative one.

I think the best thing about Oblivion, other than the graphics, which were amazing at the time, was the sheer openness. There were endless possibilities. It was the first really open world game that i played, and the first RPG- it opened my eyes to two entire genres. Individual npcs weren't very lifelike, but taken as a whole, the towns were amazing and lifelike. The landscape is vast. I remember having a mini panic attack the first time I played it- until then, I'd only played linear games. The idea that I could go any direction I wanted and do so many different things was overwhelming.

Edited by Aegrus

hmm... dark brotherhood was definately something else...

I think I enjoyed sheogoraths world the most tho. The exotic world and unique story put it on morrowind's level in some aspects vanilla Oblivion had falling behind in.

Would have been more impressed if oblivion had more in depth political gameplay...

I mean, they put all that out there for nothing it feels like sometimes- why cant i be some high ranking imperial officer!? or the ambassedar of Kvatch! (snickers)

...can't say theres anything i particular I liked other than whats already said, excluding mods

I think it says something about humanity that this post has so many fewer replies than the negative one.

I think the best thing about Oblivion, other than the graphics, which were amazing at the time, was the sheer openness. There were endless possibilities. It was the first really open world game that i played, and the first RPG- it opened my eyes to two entire genres. Individual npcs weren't very lifelike, but taken as a whole, the towns were amazing and lifelike. The landscape is vast. I remember having a mini panic attack the first time I played it- until then, I'd only played linear games. The idea that I could go any direction I wanted and do so many different things was overwhelming.

It's worth stating that he JUST started this thread while the negative thread has been up for a while. Don't lose faith in humanity just yet. ;)