Your #1 Favorite Thing about Oblivion

InuyashaFE

I havent played oblivion for like one and half year now. And I have realized that I didn't do almost anything in oblivion.

I did all clan quests, and main lines, expansions.

But I didnt do almost any side quests.

Missed a lot of them

And exploring.

Didnt do that at all.

Missed all those dunqeons.

All those ruins.

Everything.

I can barely say I played oblivion.

And I played it for couple of years.

I wonder if those quests kept me busy, or all those mods.

But well, back to business.

I loved dark brotherhood and thieves guild.

But thing I loved the most..

It was the final quest in thieves guild, the one where you steal one of the elder scrolls.

So much action, preparation and such.

I really liked it.

Maybe I should install oblivion just so I can steal it again.

Edit 2.

Shivering isles.

Saw reply below and it reminded me about that.

I loved the atmosphere, areas, and the idea of a realm owned by bipolar demigod.

Especially Sheagorath was very well done.

With one mod his eyes changed so that other was yellow and other blue, I liked that.

I liked the way how he started to speak to me nicely and soon he was shouting at me.

Very well made game, Only thing that disappointed me was graphics, but when I played it, I didnt notice them at all.

maybe its because now I have played games with so much better graphics and such.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no artist, but I enjoyed playing with the face sliders. I got to where I could make very nice looking characters of almost any race and gender. I also enjoyed the clothing and armor mods that I did use. Also, setting up really nice screenshots.

Plus, I really loved the Dremora Mortal and Kikaimegami's Playable Dremora, not to mention all of slof's lovely mods!

Edited by nyxalinth

My favorite aspects of Oblivion are:

-Easy to mod

-Character creation (especially with mods)

-Combat system is much improved over Morrowind

-I actually liked the plot unlike many others

-Free-roam ability even after the main quest

-Weapon and armor mods

-Nehrim

I think it says something about humanity that this post has so many fewer replies than the negative one.

I think the best thing about Oblivion, other than the graphics, which were amazing at the time, was the sheer openness. There were endless possibilities. It was the first really open world game that i played, and the first RPG- it opened my eyes to two entire genres. Individual npcs weren't very lifelike, but taken as a whole, the towns were amazing and lifelike. The landscape is vast. I remember having a mini panic attack the first time I played it- until then, I'd only played linear games. The idea that I could go any direction I wanted and do so many different things was overwhelming.

Im with u. Thats what impressed me the most as well. And nobody does this better than bethesda.

GTAIV is my favorite game of all times (mostly thanks to a lot of mods) but even rockstar's worlds dont compare to beth's. Not in depth, at least.

Edited by topeira