Your #1 Favorite Thing about Oblivion

InuyashaFE

I loved feeling like I was actually in another world. Very cool. In other words ... I loved having an open world with no loading screens with a sandbox-type playing style. I also loved that there was fast travel between cities in Oblivion, because half of playing Morrowind was running, running, running everywhere.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many things. I think that what I liked most was the inverse of what I disliked most. I liked the fact that the game could be modded to the point where it was almost a different style of gameplay from the original. And with different mods, the gameplay could be even more differentiated. Combine that with the wide, open world and you had an awesome game.

I started the topic about your #1 dislike about oblivion. But instead of listing a single item , a lot of people went on a rant, lol. I didnt know it would turn into a hate thread! With that said, my #1 favorite thing about Oblivion: Open World and freedom. I enjoyed just looting dungeons and exploring. Just like in the real world , I didn't really care about all the problems other people (NPC's) were having. I was perfectly content killing bandits,necromancers etc. . and taking their stuff. I had never really gotten into an RPG before. Oblivion provided me with countless hours of pure happiness and relaxation. Other games tend to frustrate me at times because I pretty suck at games, lol. Add the fact that you can mod the game to your liking, well that's pretty close to a perfect game for me.

The facegen sliders.

I know so many people had issues with them... but man, as an artist I saw those things as my own personal canvas. When my friends bought an Xbox 360 and Oblivion in my dorm that thing was in use 24/7. Pretty much the entire dorm hall played that one copy. Even if people weren't playing they were watching others play. It was just that exciting!

So what I did was one day I got my hands on the console and made almost exact likenesses of every one of my friends' faces. I even did some famous people and some of the university faculty for kicks.

When I first got the game myself for PC I think I spent more time playing with making faces than the actual game itself :P.

I love Oblivion for, like many others, the open world-ness and all the side quests. I can't list only one thing that is my favourite thing since I like so many things about Oblivion, like I find the graphics still stunning and it feels like I'm suddenly in another world as another person.

The magic without a doubt. Fallout 3 was my introduction to these types of games, then I discovered Oblivion where I could shoot fireballs and lightning bolts from my fingertips. :woot:

So what I did was one day I got my hands on the console and made almost exact likenesses of every one of my friends' faces. I even did some famous people and some of the university faculty for kicks.

You must have gotten really good at using those face sliders. I could only make ugly people with fat cheeks with mine. o_O I think you'd love using the face sliders in Sims 3.

Once I used a mod to get rid of the spectacularly all knowing compass in vanilla oblivion, that game is one in which you could truly get lost. Exploration was amazing, even better than in Morrowind in some respects, and you never knew what you might find. (and sometimes wished you could just find your way back)