Why these forums?

Goliath978

Well to start these threads aren't full of Trolls, 12 year olds, and idiots who just blurt out spoilers and such. Most everyone is mature here and some are here for the mods, some are here just because they (myself included) think it is a better environment than the official forums.

This, and for me, it's where all the mods are. edit: oh, and the post deleting and post limit in threads is majorly annoying to me. I don't understand the purpose, tbh.

Edited by stars2heaven

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined these forums years ago. I found them while looking for mods for Morrowind, and at the time I didn't even know there was an official forum :wallbash:

During the time of Fo3, I actually started modding a bit, and communicating with the community, and I loved it. Also during that time the "I think Fo3 is better/worse than the originals because..." kind of debates were going on quite a bit, and I was looking for other input and an intelligent discourse on the topic. I found that here, but I stupidly attempted to try to get into that kind of discussion going over at the Beth forums. My first and only post there got me a big fat warning and a few days to think about what I typed there, even though all I did was point out the, from my viewpoint, simplistic and lazy story writing, and why i felt that way. I was nothing but polite about it. After that, well, I decided I would just never log into the forums there again and stuck around here.

TL;DR I feel more comfortable here than at any other game community site around the net. :thumbsup:

The Mods over a Bethesda's Forums are acting like a**hats. They keep moving topic to the Spoilers section... that don't belong there. Seriously, I don't think they even look at them anymore. I can't blame them TOO much though... almost 2,000,000 posts in just that section...

I prefer this forum because it's nice, small, and far more open minded.

Also, I have never, and don't ever plan to post spoilers/leaks. Just complaining about an observation.

In the early days of Fallout New Vegas, the game had dozens of problems, and each gamer seemed to have their own specific woe. Over at Bethesda forums, it was a railing mess of venting and whining and misguided "fixes." Over here, more level heads prevailed, more real solutions could be found, but also the group here was looking forward, building mods, creating a better game.

No comparison between the two forums. If misery likes company, go there. If misery likes collaboration, come here.

Edited by AbleGnome