Skyrim on sale in the Netherlands

Delikatessen

This is great, the console crowd can play as soon as they get the DVD while we have to wait for an arbitrary date set by some marketing twonk. http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/958/swear2.gif

Playing right in to the hands of the "use Steam more" developer thinking.

Don't think it will be long before there's Steam-esque locking and unlocking for the consoles as well.

I already expected ps4 and the next Xbox to have some form of DRM. publishers hates used game sales.

Don't think it will be long before there's Steam-esque locking and unlocking for the consoles as well.

I already expected ps4 and the next Xbox to have some form of DRM. publishers hates used game sales.

About 25% of 360s and PS3s aren't connected to the internet, the number is even higher for the Wii, that's an awful lot of lost custom.

About 25% of 360s and PS3s aren't connected to the internet, the number is even higher for the Wii, that's an awful lot of lost custom.

They'll think of something and whats a wii? It plays games I thought it was just a table ornament or that thing people put in their closet after a purchase of a 360 or ps3

Honestly I know like 10 people with wii and that's all they're used for.

I remember reading somewhere the Microsoft or Activision was banning anyone playing Modern Warfare 3 before it launched. I think something similar happened for Gears of War 3 and Halo: Reach. Only a matter of time until consoles get a 'play before release get banned' policy for all games.

If consoles DO go through with the whole DRM thing, I guarantee you that console sales will drop by at least 15 to 25 percent, piracy rates will achieve interstellar spaceflight and Windows/Mac will become the only gaming medium for a while, until game companies realize that you can't possibly have business by forcing people to do what they don't want to.

And until they reach that conclusion, I'll probably never play a game on any platform again.

Edited by Delikatessen