How long for the inevitable  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How long before somebody legitemately posts "I beat Skyrim"

• 1 hour after release
    • 5 hours after release
    • 10 hours after release
    • 1 full day after release
    • longer than one day

who picks up an elder scrolls and tries to speed run it on release? such a waste.

It's the same of being proud of premature ejaculation imo.

I Agree.

Going to speed run this game is such a waste, i will read evry book there is in game, will do all sideguests, and will defo not even start doing main guest till i get to grand master in all posible guilds ( especialy dark brotherhood )

There there will be mods and stuff, think on day 3 or 4 after sleeping about 3-4h in day and about 1h for evrything else i will start main storyline.

And after thats finished i will see if i can maby start making my own mods or soming, not sure how hard that will be since i never done it.

I never understood why people would want to speedrun the game on release. That's something you start doing after doing every quest in the game and generally haven't got much left to do. By speedrunning it on release, not only will you essentially ruin all the exploration, you'll miss the story, the character interaction and so on, only to find out that your time is beaten fairly quickly. Why? Well, not only will someone nearly always do it faster by virtue of some shortcut you don't know of yet, you'll also be painfully slow by definition as you don't know a damn thing about the game you try to speedrun.

I've done speedruns back in the day and it's god damn hard work to do it right. Doing a speedrun on the first try doesn't just ruin your experience, it's borderline insulting as you've put no effort into it though knowledge of glitches, exploits, useful spells/shouts and so on.

who picks up an elder scrolls and tries to speed run it on release? such a waste.

It's the same of being proud of premature ejaculation imo.

We are talking about probably the greatest RPG of modern times here. I think instead of "speed beating" the game, you would actually be missing the whole point and indeed not accomplishing much at all. I mean, let's face it, how does one legitimately beat an Elder Scrolls game anyway? I always felt like there was more to do and see and acquire in oblivion, and that was the headlining RPG five years ago! But, like the above states in rather humorous terms, I don't see it as something to be proud of. I think once Friday comes around, I'm going to have to stay off the internet just to stay away from the spoilers of these unaccomplished gamers.