What if: Removing Leaked Content

gahnzz

I can pretty much guarantee the patch is there solely to fix bugs. There's no deeper meaning.

This.

I doubt they would do that. If they do, I will play unpatched for a while and deal with the bugs as I go :D

Not possible with steam. You cannot launch games if Steam knows that there is a patch available (ie. you activate it it checks for one) until it is downloaded and installed. So unless you pirate it as-well, no chance of playing an unpatched game.

You sure about that Ceryury? I have selected my steam version of GTA4 to play without updating and have been using patch 1.04 for a while now, even though I installed it as 1.07 :tongue: (I un-patched it for mod reasons)

You can play games without patching them, you just can't do anything online and have to manually choose for the game not to patch.

They can't do that, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to remove content from a game once it's been published. Plus, what would be the point anyway? The only reason they didn't reveal it was because they wanted fans to have an extremely pleasant surprise, and they wanted to reward exploration and questing. But guess what, some idiot had to go and ruin the surprise for everyone.

Anyway, day 1 patch is simply a bug-squasher, mainly quest progression and stability fixes.

It's not illegal. Apple has removed content that was already on their iphones with patches. Specifically, they removed tethering from certain iphones so that they could charge people for it seperately AFTER they had bought the phone with the feature. I believe Sony has done it as well with other products. Doing horrible things to screw people over is usually only illegal if not done by a large company.

Edited by fisban0

I can guarantee your specific example of removing werewolves won't happen because major parts of the game's plot would have to change. Plus, the *entire game* was leaked. Are they just gonna remove everything?

Imagine that, everyone plays for a few hours, then update when the update is up, loading their game only to find a single NPC in a vast frozen wasteland. They speak to the NPC whom crosses their arms and says: "Oh behalf of my creators, I must say that due to the unjust sharing of their creations, they have destroyed the world, and will leave you in the vast emptiness as a reminder!" They then promptly turn to ashes and the game deletes all your saves, and auto saves.

I can guarantee your specific example of removing werewolves won't happen because major parts of the game's plot would have to change. Plus, the *entire game* was leaked. Are they just gonna remove everything?

Imagine that, everyone plays for a few hours, then update when the update is up, loading their game only to find a single NPC in a vast frozen wasteland. They speak to the NPC whom crosses their arms and says: "Oh behalf of my creators, I must say that due to the unjust sharing of their creations, they have destroyed the world, and will leave you in the vast emptiness as a reminder!" They then promptly turn to ashes and the game deletes all your saves, and auto saves.

That was actually very funny Sepherose, and very sinister as well :devil:

you're confusing the music industry with the video game industry

Best replies I have ever seen on any forum. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wub.gif

Imagine that, everyone plays for a few hours, then update when the update is up, loading their game only to find a single NPC in a vast frozen wasteland. They speak to the NPC whom crosses their arms and says: "Oh behalf of my creators, I must say that due to the unjust sharing of their creations, they have destroyed the world, and will leave you in the vast emptiness as a reminder!" They then promptly turn to ashes and the game deletes all your saves, and auto saves

this is my new quote sig now.