First "technical" impressions (no spoilers)

zerpentor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The UI sounds appalling, I've seen the complaints about it over on the official forums as well. This may be the first ES game I play with a gamepad. :(

...or it's something we can get used to. I refuse to play with a gamepad! I'll deal with it or wait until UI mods are available! :pirate:

Concerning the back-story, we didn't know why we were in prison in Oblivion or on that boat in Marrowind, either.

That depends on how horrible it is, I don't want to spend more time fighting the UI than I do fighting enemies in the game.

Go go fanboi's! you clearly are blind to the faults of the game. Skyrim is a poorly converted from console and it has been said before by people who make a good living testing games. So it is not just this persons view.

Still 4 hours till i can play, but it might look like i will put it off for a week or two if things are this buggy and poorly converted (the UI ETC)

have fun waiting. easily fixable problems will not stop me from playing the game.

Go go fanboi's! you clearly are blind to the faults of the game. Skyrim is a poorly converted from console and it has been said before by people who make a good living testing games. So it is not just this persons view.

Still 4 hours till i can play, but it might look like i will put it off for a week or two if things are this buggy and poorly converted (the UI ETC)

No-one has contested the games true flaws that have been highlighted by the original poster. However, I will contest, as am I sure any sane TES fan, the pure idiocy in the backstory complaint. I mean, that IS what makes TES the TES. The whole idea that you can create this in depth, enjoyable backstory YOURSELF is what makes it so magnificent. It can be whatever you want it to be. So hush fool!

Edited by Althalus9394

Just to add something more the fanboi's can flame about! :P

Just because the older TES games did not have a backstory don't mean that Skyrim should not have one. Unless you know it, what you do in you're past is part of what makes you "you" And it would have been a great add to the game if they took the time to do it. And did they not say they wanted to make up for all the things they did not do in Oblivion? i clearly remember a flame storm about UI, backstory etc etc, and most of that they have missed out on in this game.

Just to add something more the fanboi's can flame about! :P

Just because the older TES games did not have a backstory don't mean that Skyrim should not have one. Unless you know it, what you do in you're past is part of what makes you "you" And it would have been a great add to the game if they took the time to do it. And did they not say they wanted to make up for all the things they did not do in Oblivion? i clearly remember a flame storm about UI, backstory etc etc, and most of that they have missed out on in this game.

:whistling:

My thoughts: (in spoiler tags)

The game looks piss poor. Really. It was supposed to melt my face... that aside, the GUI is terrible /facepalm... it's not mouse and keyboard friendly at all. I am playing it on my friends PC and his rig is more then enough to crush any games on Ultra. It seems the textures are supposed to be like that or maybe they gona relase a texture pack, who knows.

Edit: typo

Edited by HellsMaster

I think that your opinions on the technical quality and menu design seems fairly unbiased and well thought out. However, I take issue with your problems with the initial introduction - I don't think an hour is long enough to really give the game a proper review in these aspects. Also, I don't think that in any of the TES's we have really known who we are in the world. We always start as a criminal and who we are in the world is entirely up to us this is perhaps one of the most brilliant aspect of these games.