Frequent CTD's after last update?

Warchilde30

Well there is a recent post on here where another person is having issues and I posted about this a bit with that person. I was actually the opposite than you where I had CTDs quite a bit until the 1.5 update came out and then I was rock solid. But I've recently been having some issues now for a bit. Now when you say the last update you are referring to one that just came out a couple of days ago correct? Can't really say I've seen any increase in CTDs myself over what I've been seeing for a couple of weeks with this latest update. Now I was rock solid right after the initial 1.5 update but maybe my CTDs started happening after updates that followed the initial 1.5 update. Hadn't really thought about that...

Well there is a recent post on here where another person is having issues and I posted about this a bit with that person. I was actually the opposite than you where I had CTDs quite a bit until the 1.5 update came out and then I was rock solid. But I've recently been having some issues now for a bit. Now when you say the last update you are referring to one that just came out a couple of days ago correct? Can't really say I've seen any increase in CTDs myself over what I've been seeing for a couple of weeks with this latest update. Now I was rock solid right after the initial 1.5 update but maybe my CTDs started happening after updates that followed the initial 1.5 update. Hadn't really thought about that...

That's exactly it. I was fine after 1.5, it was the update a few days ago.

Well as I mentioned I started noticing CTDs probably right after the update following the main 1.5 update. I think there have been at least 2 or 3 updates since 1.5 itself. So maybe there is indeed something related to those updates as well as this very recent one causing issues that seemed to be more or less resolved with the original 1.5 update....

I've been getting constant CTDs since the 1.5.307 update. These only happen with mods, but none of the mods that seem to be causing the problems were an issue before hand. I'm guessing what ever they did to prepare for the last 3 DLC has broken these mods some how.

I've been getting constant CTDs since the 1.5.307 update. These only happen with mods, but none of the mods that seem to be causing the problems were an issue before hand. I'm guessing what ever they did to prepare for the last 3 DLC has broken these mods some how.

That sounds like it could be the problem. I've been getting CTD's similar to what OP describes (I can't even walk out of Diamond City!), and before the 1.5 update everything was fine. The CTD's seem to correspond with one of the patches after the 1.5 update.

I keep getting the line "Cannot open store for class "Patch_1_6_Script", missing file?" turning up in my Papyrus logs. Are you getting the same thing?

The inside workshop/pip boy CTDs are a pest since 1.5. And I have to join the OP in saying my (modded) game was rock stable between release and patch 1.5. Now I always have to save before entering workshop mode or open up the pip boy. In order to not lose all my progress. CTDs while playing happen, but not often.

And no, I've got no UI mod installed. Unless Homemaker counts as UI mod.