Having just realized the next "3" DLC's are the last...

JuJooGuppy

F03 had some excellent DLC's imo, The Pitt and Broken Steel off the top of my head were a lot of fun. I know most people hate Mothership Zeta, but I was enjoying it when I played it *shrug*. Point Lookout I never got around to playing, but it looked fun enough to me, and was more STORY driven content instead of building ball courses....

I think it was near the end of the E3 presentations where they were talking with Todd about it afterward. He said it would be the last but whether or not that was referring to just the year or overall could be taken either way I suppose. I'd be ok with it either way. I'd hate for them to waste their time on dlc that was pointless. But if they still had small features that would extend gameplay in a new way, I'd still take small dlc releases as well.

I want them to continue with the settlement feature in their games. The next TES game would greatly benefit from it as long as it doesn't take over the life of the game. They still need to make sure the story is there.

If you look up the E3 interview with Todd and Morgen Webb and Adam Sessler, they ask him about Nuka World and he says "Nuka World is actually going to be our last dlc for Fallout and we wanted to go out with a big one.." I take that to mean that it's pretty much the end for Fallout 4 dlc.

I want them to continue with the settlement feature in their games. The next TES game would greatly benefit from it as long as it doesn't take over the life of the game. They still need to make sure the story is there.

I agree, it would be nice that if found a nice spot i build small shack, grow my crops, maybe rise cattle and chill around like a common famer, or a cabin where grow my deadly plants deep into the woods or host a zoo even. It has a lot of benefits.

Since the next TES will take a long while since they want to make three games first, i hope it would be good.

"Nuka World is actually going to be our last dlc for Fallout and we wanted to go out with a big one"

Well, we have to wait and see.

Hope it the biggest and the largest they ever made.

Edited by Boombro

Part of me is hoping the next TES game will be set in the jungle or at least a thick forest setting. I played Battlefront earlier this year and was completely wowed by the forests in some of their levels. It made me question "What if...?"

I like roaming the Wasteland as well but it has a different effect on you than roaming through the wilderness. To me FO3 suffered from shear dreariness as everything, no matter where you went, everything looked the same and had the same color palette. Replay value was limited because of it. FO4 is a lot better with that but I still think after 200 years things wouldn't be in such ruin as they are. There would be new growth and settlements would be cleaned up regardless of who was living in them.

And I wouldn't expect Nuka World to be larger than Far Harbor. Look at Automatron, It wasn't very big but it introduced new gameplay which is much more valuable than having a really large map with a few quests to follow, stuff that you could zip right through in a few hours. For as long as I've been playing (870hrs), gameplay still keeps me going more than quests.

(snip)

I am definitely ok with the settlement stuff coming into the next TES game, *BUT*. I would definitely, 100% want i to tie into the story better, and further, i would want it to serve more actual purpose rather than a time passing thing. Give me much more incentive to build up every settlement, give neat and unique functions to them, have them attract unique people that offer non-radiant quest, unique and rare items, or new companions with interesting stories. Make settlements help achieve the main story, while not being mandatory for those who hate it (Or, better yet, fully make it part of the main story, BUT for those who hate building the settlements, have "automated options" that you can build if you have enough gold / resources. Have a few options for the settlements ready to just be built up without you doing it.

And lastly, don't use 3 out of 6 DLC's on more workshop items that modders have or can make themselves, nor add items that serve no purpose for the actual game experience (ball tracks...)

(snip)

I am definitely ok with the settlement stuff coming into the next TES game, *BUT*. I would definitely, 100% want i to tie into the story better, and further, i would want it to serve more actual purpose rather than a time passing thing. Give me much more incentive to build up every settlement, give neat and unique functions to them, have them attract unique people that offer non-radiant quest, unique and rare items, or new companions with interesting stories. Make settlements help achieve the main story, while not being mandatory for those who hate it (Or, better yet, fully make it part of the main story, BUT for those who hate building the settlements, have "automated options" that you can build if you have enough gold / resources. Have a few options for the settlements ready to just be built up without you doing it.

And lastly, don't use 3 out of 6 DLC's on more workshop items that modders have or can make themselves, nor add items that serve no purpose for the actual game experience (ball tracks...)

I wouldn't even put it in as settlements. It made sense to do it in FO4 as your rebuilding the Commonwealth but Beth would have to find a way to reintroduce the mechanics with a different purpose that doesn't hijack the gameplay we're used to. You're not going to have garbage all over a TES game would you? It wouldn't even be the same type of garbage. I'm thinking more of what Skyrim already did but modified to fit with the settlement mechanics. Collecting or gathering wood, ore and other raw materials for resources but then having the option of following a questline, buying some land in a location and build with the same mechanics as FO4. Then, add in the magic options and there's all sorts of things you could furnish your house with. But gathering resources in Skyrim always made it fun to just roam the land and stumble on hidden ore deposits.

I also hope they keep the same alchemy system as Skyrim. I loved randomly combining ingredients to see what you would come up with and not knowing what did what. With the stuff they did right in Skyrim and the new stuff we saw in FO4, the next TES game has the potential to be their best game ever.