Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

I think I found a fix for me. If this has been posted already, I apologize.

So far, I was able to play for a good two hours without any problems. Before that, I couldn't play for 10 minutes without a Black Screen.

Anyways, there's a custom AMD driver released, modified by some guy over at guru3d.

I don't know what exactly he changed, but it fixed all issues for me and even improved my performance a bit.

If you'd like to try it yourself, check out this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354402

Will this driver work on the HD 6870?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The patch has not solved the issue. We must continue to look for a solution ourselves.

Has reverting to DirectX9 helped anyone?

The patch yesterday only changed the TESV.exe file, nothing more. Tentatively next Thursday or Friday is when the big patch comes.

Friends, downgrade your ati radeon driver to 11.9! I told on this forum before, it half-fixes the problem. I am playing the game crash-free since I downgraded. Only once it crashed, I installed the 11.9 driver again and now it works without crashes. I do not know what causes that but worth trying until patch comes out.

... And now I have to find whoever thought it would be a GOOD idea to say "Hey, there's a texture bug on 360, stuttering snowballing lag on PS3, and it's more or less unplayable for a good portion of ppl on PC... lets leave PC for last and have 2/3 of the team work on the Xbox 360 textures." along with the PC version's QA team.

I must give these ppl a piece of advice.

The patch has not solved the issue. We must continue to look for a solution ourselves.

Has reverting to DirectX9 helped anyone?

The patch yesterday only changed the TESV.exe file, nothing more. Tentatively next Thursday or Friday is when the big patch comes.

Oh, OK, thanks.