Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

After finally installing the new seasonic 750w PSU..

Skyrim still crashes randomly, needing a hard reset to restore functionality to the computer,

Which seems to mean it's a ATI driver or a bethesda software issue and some nvidia users have the same issue so that only leaves one to particularly blame.

I assume this will all just go ignored as always.

we'll find out soon enough. patch is on the way, at least. whether or not the issue is addressed will be crucial for whether bethesda gets slammed with criticism over ignoring it or mixed opinions for fixing a crippling problem that made it into release.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it should be here today at some point. I'm sure Bethesda have fixed the issue, I have full faith in them. They haven't let me down yet.

Aside from Skyrim's release bug, of course. I'm still testing new solutions though, just in case...

Just regged to say that I'm having the same problem. Filed a service request with Bethesda's customer service a week ago, they asked for my DxDiag info and haven't responded since I sent it to them.

I purposely bought a high-end system to max this game out. The important specs are...

Intel i7-2600k (no OC)

2x Radeon HD 6950 2gb cards in crossfire mode

8 GB ram

Windows 7 64-bit

Every time I try to ask someone I know about it, they either trash me for claiming to have an issue that hasn't been confirmed, or try to give me unhelpful advice to do things that people in this thread have already tried. I tried the published "fixes"- lowering the graphics to minimum, changing the sound frequency, doing a complete reinstall of the game- and nothing helps.

To confirm, when this crashes one of two things happens:

1) The system shuts off completely.

2) My monitors go black and the light turns orange, signifying no feed from the video cards. The sound skips. The only way to bring it back is with the reset button.

I've always hated Steam so the DRM patch messing up the ability to fix the memory usage just makes me irate. Honestly, if i had known the game would be tied to Steam I wouldn't have bought it, despite Morrowind and Oblivion being my 1st and 3rd favorite RPGs, respectively.

Yesterday I e-mailed AMD about it. Someone in the thread made a comment about their GPU usage spiking from 40% to 99% as a crash happened, so I was curious to see if AMD had anything to say. Bethesda and Steam customer service are just horrible, so I might as well try other sources...

Just regged to say that I'm having the same problem. Filed a service request with Bethesda's customer service a week ago, they asked for my DxDiag info and haven't responded since I sent it to them.

I purposely bought a high-end system to max this game out. The important specs are...

Intel i7-2600k (no OC)

2x Radeon HD 6950 2gb cards in crossfire mode

8 GB ram

Windows 7 64-bit

Every time I try to ask someone I know about it, they either trash me for claiming to have an issue that hasn't been confirmed, or try to give me unhelpful advice to do things that people in this thread have already tried. I tried the published "fixes"- lowering the graphics to minimum, changing the sound frequency, doing a complete reinstall of the game- and nothing helps.

To confirm, when this crashes one of two things happens:

1) The system shuts off completely.

2) My monitors go black and the light turns orange, signifying no feed from the video cards. The sound skips. The only way to bring it back is with the reset button.

I've always hated Steam so the DRM patch messing up the ability to fix the memory usage just makes me irate. Honestly, if i had known the game would be tied to Steam I wouldn't have bought it, despite Morrowind and Oblivion being my 1st and 3rd favorite RPGs, respectively.

Yesterday I e-mailed AMD about it. Someone in the thread made a comment about their GPU usage spiking from 40% to 99% as a crash happened, so I was curious to see if AMD had anything to say. Bethesda and Steam customer service are just horrible, so I might as well try other sources...

I also have the same problem i tried everything noting helped me and i email amd and sapphire yesterday and i am waiting i email bethesda too but they don't answer at least amd send me a confirmation email that they get my message...If you have any answer from amd please post here i will also do that if i get any response