Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, my pc was going through the whole system reboot and black screen until i took the side paneling off of the side of my pc. I kid you not, I took the siding off and I haven't crashed since...this has lead me to believe that there was some poor air circulation or something because the fans and everything else were running fine. So, for some of you guys it may just be a case of poor air flow. Good luck.

okay. so i just installed skyrim, started playing and got to riverwood. then, CTD happens.ok. so i reload the game but then it just says something like Certain objects do not exist or something. so i click ok and then it puts me in a completely blank area, only my carachter is there! i havent really played it. what a waste of 60 dollars

Ok guys i want to share that after the underclock of the gpu i finished the game fine in level 73 i finished all the guild quests i have 150 hours in the game bsod free and i manage to put over 20 mods in the game without problem...The moment i turn the clock to the card normal settings the game crashes the pc...I have not yet manage to make my pc crash like that with other games and i play mass effect 3, battlefield 3, metro 2033, witcher 2, all very demanding games they never hard crashed like skyrim...I hope this hels somebody to play this game cause it is the best game i ever played...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1307594-bsod-problem-fixed-try-this/

After too many false starts and red herrings, I'm sending my video card in for RMA replacement. I currently think my problem is caused by a failing video card. I've tried to document what I could with regard to troubleshooting here:

http://one-miguel.blogspot.de/search/label/Skyrim

Everything from turning off speedstep, core parking, Bethesda support, etc, etc. I've put in an older video card since I've packed my GTX 570 for RMA and haven't seen the crash yet.

Note that any and all stress tests, diagnostics, etc, don't show any issues with the video card. But the logic can't be denied: change video card, problem goes away. Must be the video card.

I told you underclock the gpu memory solved my problem too i finished the game and i spend 150 hours in it and i put over 30 mods and no problem i encourage everyone to try this download msi afterburner and reduce the memory clock speed mine was 1200 mhz and i downclocked it to 900 mhz without any problem...

Underclocking reduces performance, does it not?

There must be a better way around this. I've tried so many things.

No it doesn't reduce performance at all i play skyrim with 30 mods for graphics and with hd bethesda dlc and no problem...Ati hd cards have very large memory clock mine have 1200 so it doesn't affect the game at all

Underclocking reduces performance, does it not?

There must be a better way around this. I've tried so many things.

No it doesn't reduce performance at all i play skyrim with 30 mods for graphics and with hd bethesda dlc and no problem...Ati hd cards have very large memory clock mine have 1200 so it doesn't affect the game at all

I'll try it but I don't see why I should have to underclock with a GPU that is above the recommended system requirements.