Skyrim complete PC crashes

Zolexus

voldoman, 1) I have tried the underclocking and damn near ruined my computer, 2) they have a borderless window mod so that windowed looks like fullscreen.

and finally 3)

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE HAS BEEN MENTIONED AT LEAST ONCE EACH! READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE POSTING!

I've been following the thread from the damn near beginning and posted many times, just trying to contribute to potentially solving this rather than waiting 2 more weeks and hope Bethesda addresses this in the patch. Now kindly blow it out your ass.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone positive they really mean this year? ^^

Oh and yeah I see a patch coming..and it fixes some odd bugs..but since they never mentioned our problem maybe it won´t be addressed at all. Played all day yesterday on my laptop, no problem..2 CTD but no black screen, so maybe the crash I had before was really duo to overheating. Seems like the hardware combo in my laptop suits the game better..hell but the settings I have to play on don´t suit my eyes..Boots to Asses anyone?

OK so fresh news guys, the PC patch is coming out on the 28th of November. Sit tight.

Well... No, BethSoft did not say that.

They said the updates for the consoles had been sent to MS and Sony for validation, leading to a planned distro on those platforms most likely "the week after Thnaksgiving", and that they were working on a PC patch as well. :unsure::mellow:

voldoman, 1) I have tried the underclocking and damn near ruined my computer, 2) they have a borderless window mod so that windowed looks like fullscreen.

and finally 3)

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE HAS BEEN MENTIONED AT LEAST ONCE EACH! READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE POSTING!

I've been following the thread from the damn near beginning and posted many times, just trying to contribute to potentially solving this rather than waiting 2 more weeks and hope Bethesda addresses this in the patch. Now kindly blow it out your ass.

Jace was a bit harsh, and didn't quite get at the real issue: This is a troubleshooting thread, and it has been established that nothing we've tried so far reliably or permanently fixes the issue. Continuing to suggest non-working solutions is unfair to the people just now finding this thread. Contributing would be trying different things, and reporting your results.

And on that note, I'm sad to report that I will be playing on my borrowed GPU until the Star Wars MMO is released, and then Skyrim won't see any playtime from me for probably months. Good luck getting this nasty little bug swatted, guys.

HI ALL!

I see many of u guys are pissed off! Well me too...

This is my story ok..

Now i install the game, played for 20 mins then the screen went black, a message rocked up on the screen "saving power mode dvi-d". i had to force shut down 'cos there were no response from the keyboard or mouse... i tried few more times and same thing happened... usually in first 10 minutes... so i thought no need to try again lets check what is the problem ... did some "googling"...

I found following suggestions on the net:

1. clean unit from the dust - done (no much dust 'cos i assembled pc only 2 months ago...)

2. change dvi cable - i did buy new one, but nothing changed

3. reinstall graphic card and update drivers - all done, but nothing changed

4. replace battery on motherboard - dont need to do that as i said components are only 2 months old this should be problem for units 2 years old onwards

5. under-clock gc - did that by using CCC very simple but no results

6. pc is getting hot - tested that, after playing some games temp went max to 54C... so its not overheating plus i got 2 fans and one is size of bloody wind mill

7. reinstall game - nothing changed

Im running win7 32, my components are better than recommended... but anyway i used lowest possible performance for the game and its still crashing. Interesting that it only happens when i play Skyrim not any other game such as battlefield 3 (even tho some guys had been experiencing this playing battlefield too) and i have never ever experienced anything like this before. This suggests that it is not due to our machines it must be because of the game itself. Also my neighbor is running win7 64 and he got same problem so this isn't a cause.

If anyone got any other suggestion what should i or anyone else try please say, im happy to try and post result. Otherwise we will have no choice but to wait for patch...

Thanks for reading my post.

After 6 hours of playing the game, it finally crashed, the 70% CPU failed me.

Of course it did. There is no "fix" guys.

Wait for the patch or ask for your money back.

Fortunately, I tried to lower my CPU further to 60% plus lowered my graphics with the draw distance set to high and it worked, been playing for some time now.