Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a tiny bit (*Ahem* I mean MASSIVE bit *Ahem*) too much for now, since we haven't even gotten a playable Dragon fully working yet. Remember, baby steps. For now at least.

Haha, I know. It was a passing musing of mine, not a strict requirement at all or anything. Just one of those 'wonder how that would work' moments where you stop and daydream a bit.

I've been thinking over things, and I have been itching to get my own mod started. I am merely a story writer, but if you guys saw, I already got a possibly questline for the Dragonborn to Dragon half of the playable dragon situation. Once the editor is released (and if I manage to fix up my desktop by then), I plan on working on a mod featuring an expansion of the main quest, the dragon transformation shout, and whatnot. But to do that, I need help in all the other areas. Modeling, Voice Acting, Scripting, etc.

This is merely a request since my own idea topic didn't get enough posts (or any at all), but if anyone wants to help out in working on this questline and if there are modders willing to contribute in creating the transformation shout and other new things, please contact me. I know everyone on this topic wants to play as a dragon, but if we get together sooner than later, maybe we can create the first known play-as-dragon mod here as well as possibly an epic mod.

Edited by Neo Hikato

@Neo Hikato

Just a heads up, you should probably wait until the Creation Kit comes out (Should be very soon) before you ask around for help with a mod project, as everyone is pretty much just twiddling their thumbs, waiting for Bethesda. There's really no way to help make a big mod until the Creation Kit is released I'm afraid.

@Neo Hikato

Just a heads up, you should probably wait until the Creation Kit comes out (Should be very soon) before you ask around for help with a mod project, as everyone is pretty much just twiddling their thumbs, waiting for Bethesda. There's really no way to help make a big mod until the Creation Kit is released I'm afraid.

do you have a date for that!? D:!?

I do wish this thing would come out soon, but hopefully it will come out with the next update. I am eager to write up a story for this idea and get started! :wallbash: You know, for a new Shout for either the start-as-dragon or become-dragon versions, possibly one that allows you to befriend dragons? I mean, there is talk that dragons respect those whose Thu'um is stronger than theirs, so why not have something like that? Edited by Neo Hikato

I just can't wait to build my own castle like people would actually do in medieval times. I'm going to make it along the lines of this:

http://images.wikia.com/amnesia/images/4/48/Castle_Brennenburg.jpg

do you have a date for that!? D:!?

No, no one does yet. But it is suspected to be released at the same time as the new Patch, which will be around the start of December. Some say between November 27 and December 3. Nothing is certain yet, but it will be soon.

Edited by Vaktus

I was reading the front page of this thread thinking "This is completely ridiculous, how would this even be done?"

Then, I thought to myself how it could be done.

Here are my ideas (Keep in mind I only read the front page):

Disable Activate key for obvious reasons (entering houses) or make an effect such as invisibility, where activating any object transforms you back

Not able to turn into a dragon when in an open town or any area that doesn't allow fast travel

Force third person (like Werewolf)

Use a max level shout (Firebreath for basic dragon) with reduced cooldown

Attack with Bite

-Possibly just make a horse riding effect, making the player invisible instead, and the horse is a dragon, so you look like a dragon without screwing up actor values-

Then, on top of this, someone would need to make new textures for towns in the open (If you've ever TCL'd into one when you weren't in the town, you know how ugly it looks)

These are my ideas, and I have more if I could just remember them.