Playable Dragon race request

Aedred

We would need a transformation shout that we could use to change into a humanoid form when going into towns and dungeons, basically, we start out as a normal race, and after the initial tutorial we get a shout that will allow us to take our true form whenever we want, we can then take our mortal form back when we need to do something involving the masses. I think that would be the best way of implementing this for existing characters as well as those who don't want to be a dragon 24/7, despite the fact that it would be BA, we wouldn't be able to do much but fly and breathe fire in open areas, we wouldn't be able to enter dungeons or towns, etc.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would need a transformation shout that we could use to change into a humanoid form when going into towns and dungeons, basically, we start out as a normal race, and after the initial tutorial we get a shout that will allow us to take our true form whenever we want, we can then take our mortal form back when we need to do something involving the masses. I think that would be the best way of implementing this for existing characters as well as those who don't want to be a dragon 24/7, despite the fact that it would be BA, we wouldn't be able to do much but fly and breathe fire in open areas, we wouldn't be able to enter dungeons or towns, etc.

We already addressed this. We decided we would have two versions, firstly one that once you activate it, start the game, you're a Dragon. Remove the mod, you're a Human. Then once we got a completely stable and fully working playable dragon, we will make a second version that will have a transformation shout and possibly a quest for it too, for those who love lore. Your ideas are appreciated though, thanks. :thumbsup:

Would it be possible at this stage to use Alduin's form, or is that something for later?

Should be extremely easy once we have the playable part of the mod done.

A bit off topic, but concerning some questions back a few pages about using actual dragon shouts. you can.

by using the console command PSB you get all the shouts including what the dragons use, as well as a active effect were those shouts get the flamethrower look that dragons give with fire breath. looks very nice when in dragon form. but is buggy and the special effect wears off after a while?

however trying to find a way to use dragon bite by going (help bite 0) in console I've only found spell for active effect called "dragon bite" that increases unarmed damage from 20-75 I believe.

Hope any of this helps,

cheers.

A bit off topic, but concerning some questions back a few pages about using actual dragon shouts. you can.

by using the console command PSB you get all the shouts including what the dragons use, as well as a active effect were those shouts get the flamethrower look that dragons give with fire breath. looks very nice when in dragon form. but is buggy and the special effect wears off after a while?

Yes, we were using these shouts in the dragon form a while back. We were very pleased to discover how accessible all of these assets are.

just a friendly bump in to say I admire what you guys are doing ,sounds awesome xD

speeking of changing dragons, does anybody know the best way to go about making a water dragon? XD

unless you just want to change colors its only textures, if you want an new model weeeell thats rather a different hassle.

Although I think we could work on any vannila dragon and have its wings resemble flippers while still using the same rig, and not fly. That would be a vurnable type of dragon tho: /

just a friendly bump in to say I admire what you guys are doing ,sounds awesome xD

speeking of changing dragons, does anybody know the best way to go about making a water dragon? XD

unless you just want to change colors its only textures, if you want an new model weeeell thats rather a different hassle.

Although I think we could work on any vannila dragon and have its wings resemble flippers while still using the same rig, and not fly. That would be a vurnable type of dragon tho: /

Possibly some new animations for the water dragon. Maybe make them more dangerous when in the water then out, much like a shark or something.

Possibly some new animations for the water dragon. Maybe make them more dangerous when in the water then out, much like a shark or something.

well I mean....pure water. no fleash :3