Do all MODS....

Caerdic

Do ALL mods now cause the M tag on saves thus preventing you from getting the achievements?

If so WHY?????

I can understand those that change stats of equipment, character, game play....but WHY on stuff that is just a cosmetic (looks) change (like body mods, face mods, Armor Paint mods, etc etc.... I mean fabric, and paints are easy made and if you can build a weapon you can certainly make it look good instead of a duct taped piece of s#*!......if ANYONE feels the same lets pool together and send Bethesda a message about this concern.

Do ALL mods now cause the M tag on saves thus preventing you from getting the achievements?

If so WHY?????

I can understand those that change stats of equipment, character, game play....but WHY on stuff that is just a cosmetic (looks) change (like body mods, face mods, Armor Paint mods, etc etc.... I mean fabric, and paints are easy made and if you can build a weapon you can certainly make it look good instead of a duct taped piece of s***......if ANYONE feels the same lets pool together and send Bethesda a message about this concern.

Because Microsoft and/or Sony required it. The mod that re-enables achievements only works on PC, so Bethesda is fine with it. If it was ever released for consoles, there would be a problem.

If so WHY?????

I can understand those that change stats of equipment, character, game play....but WHY on stuff that is just a cosmetic (looks) change (like body mods, face mods, Armor Paint mods, etc etc.... I mean fabric, and paints are easy made and if you can build a weapon you can certainly make it look good instead of a duct taped piece of s***......if ANYONE feels the same lets pool together and send Bethesda a message about this concern.

Because Microsoft and/or Sony required it. The mod that re-enables achievements only works on PC, so Bethesda is fine with it. If it was ever released for consoles, there would be a problem.

Let's rephrase that. There is NOTHING Beth can do to prevent you modding your own game on the PC using mods from third-party sites (like this one). However, Beth and Sony and Microsoft maintain EXTREME DRACONIAN censorship over all assets they have control over, including console mods.

Mentally challenged people think computer game 'achievements' have value in real-life, and this highly damaged psychology is exploited by console companies and those that make games for the consoles.There is a MORAL responsibility for game companies to make gamers aware that achievements are for FUN ONLY- but the console biz is anything BUT moral. It's discovered achievements are like crack cocaine for many vulnerable gamers, and like all drug dealers, will use the strongest of strong-arm tactics to protect the 'biz' relationship with the 'druggies'.

Myself- I would make it ILLEGAL for console companies to exploit ONLINE achievement tables for SINGLE-PLAYER games. This way, achievements could be kept as a private issue for gamers that enjoy them, but the monetisation that comes from the damaged psychological vulnerability of some gamers would be eliminated.

Until this day comes, Beth will happily BAN mods that allow mods AND achievements on the console platforms for reasons that are wholly harmful to the gaming community as a whole- all in the name of profit.

Edited by zanity

If so WHY?????

Let's rephrase that. There is NOTHING Beth can do to prevent you modding your own game on the PC using mods from third-party sites (like this one). However, Beth and Sony and Microsoft maintain EXTREME DRACONIAN censorship over all assets they have control over, including console mods.

Mentally challenged people think computer game 'achievements' have value in real-life, and this highly damaged psychology is exploited by console companies and those that make games for the consoles.There is a MORAL responsibility for game companies to make gamers aware that achievements are for FUN ONLY- but the console biz is anything BUT moral. It's discovered achievements are like crack cocaine for many vulnerable gamers, and like all drug dealers, will use the strongest of strong-arm tactics to protect the 'biz' relationship with the 'druggies'.

Myself- I would make it ILLEGAL for console companies to exploit ONLINE achievement tables for SINGLE-PLAYER games. This way, achievements could be kept as a private issue for gamers that enjoy them, but the monetisation that comes from the damaged psychological vulnerability of some gamers would be eliminated.

Until this day comes, Beth will happily BAN mods that allow mods AND achievements on the console platforms for reasons that are wholly harmful to the gaming community as a whole- all in the name of profit.

Ugh... I know you never respond back and I know nobody takes you seriously, so I shouldn't bother replying, but there's no conspiracy here. If people really care about achievements, it's because they've decided to and that's their prerogative as long as they don't get in my face about it. I could care less about what MS/Sony does with achievements. No-one is being exploited in a harmful way. I'm glad you're not in a position to make laws because you're kind of inzane, which also makes me wonder if your name isn't simply a coincidence.

If so WHY?????

I use the mod that allows achievements purely because I don't like that little [M] next to my savegames. I don't actually care about the achievements themselves.