ctd in certain areas

TheLastAkaviri531

so today i just started fallout and places like the combat zone,trinity tower and the red rocket settlement and many places around the combat zone have ctd's when i go near them.it would be really helpful if someone could help because this is really annoying i cant go to many of these places

Then one of your mods is breaking the area. Have you uninstalled mods recently? Bethesda does not support the un-installation of mods mid playthrough. Those can potentially ruin your save game. Mods that conflict with one another may cause CTD's. That sort of thing. Do you have mods that edit the cells around the regions you get CTD's?

i have CTDs in certain regions too. Not the same regions, mind you. And the particular regions are entirely vanilla. Not even a modded settlement in the vicinity. Since I don't use any environmental mods, there should be nothing interfering with the cells. For me, the robot scrap yard is a sure CTD point when entering the cell.

Not sure what you expect, without even posting a load order we'd need a Ouija board to help you.

Or do the standard test, disable half your mods, run to this 'sure ctd' spot. If you crash, disable another half of the remaining mods and try that again. Rinse and repeat until the error goes away. Then start activating the mods in small groups to isolate the problem.

*note* It will solve the immediate issue, but one can't guarantee it's not two mods conflicting with each other. So either learn how to use fallout 4 edit, or take your chances that the problem mod you isolated is the only issue.

As a quick test, under the data directory change the name of your Textures folder to something else (all modded textures will be replaced in purple/magenta) and see if you still CTD in these locations. If not, then you have a corrupted texture(s) from a mod. The game is quite unplayable when you change the folder name, but this is just a quick way to see if it is a texture causing a problem.

It's probably easier if you make a save just a few steps away from where you CTD then rename the the folder and test.